The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Craigslist

Here is an email I just sent and received back form a "Realtor" on Craigslist. . . :unsure:

I love picking on them :P and believe it or not, and I am not sure if it is because of this kind of email, but some of the continuous Realtors with multiple posts have disappeared after they receive this kind of email. Maybe they are scared of loosing their license. Or maybe I have been doing to much email marketing tonight. :rolleyes:

Me:

Gloria, why is it you still insist on listing every property you have on Craigslist? You have the MLS. Can you give us all a break? You have had Heathgate property on here for over a year.

Realtor:

Steve:

I beg your pardon -- this house has not been on the market for a year! And, for your information, there has been a substantial price adjustment & other incentives from the seller for the new buyer. Get over it & get on with your life. If you are not interested, don't look at it...

thanks Gloria

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY

** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home

** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping

** More Info:

Gloria is a tuff one :lol:

:unsure: Love it! Those Realtors have made a mess of Craig's List, haven't they? Frustrates the hell out of me when I visit and find, literally, 85 of 100 ads from a few Agents who have posted their entire inventory there. I'm surprised there haven't been more complaints or, if there have been, why Craig's List hasn't acted upon it. :rolleyes:

I've heard some investors have had trouble with (they presume) realtors complaining about their ads in order to get CL to cancel them (stifle the competition). Is there some sort of paid account where you can stamp that out, or does CL just cancel regardless?

There is no paid account on Craig's List that I'm aware of. If someone flags your ad, Craig's List has the discretion to delete it, or not. If it is pulled, I guess your only recourse is to place the ad again.

Can you not flag the agents' ads?

But then again, that would be a TON of flaggin'

...perhaps not worth the time, unless you're into

that sort of stuff.

Is there some sort of paid account where you can stamp that out, or does CL just cancel regardless?
I do believe there is a "paid" account. I got a solicitation letter from craislist a yr ago telling me that I now had the option to have craigslist place my ads daily or every other day automatically for a very low monthly fee (with pretty background colors).

I don't know if this has changed but I know the paid account has been around for a long time and realtors/brokers/agents use them a lot as the fee is ridiculous LOW :rolleyes:

Hope ya'll had a GREAT new year, I know I did!!! I kinda took several weeks off to socialize but now am ready to hit the CA's hard once again :unsure: