The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Using free FSBO sites to promote your brand

I mentioned this in my blogging thread but I think this is a very interesting and important update that deserves its own thread.

I posted a couple of listings on a site called Banzza which is a Canadian-specific free FSBO site. Now when I google the town that one of my listings is in, guess who's ad is ranked #2? The only site that beat me out is bobvila.com :D I kicked the butts of every realtor and investor who does business in that town. I threw in a few keywords like "rent to own" and voila! My ad (with a link back to my site) is #1 on google for a bunch of searches.

Moral of the story is: While you're posting your ads on craigslist, kijiji, backpage etc. Don't forget to post it on a few of these freebie FSBO sites too. They might not get much direct traffic, but they just might rank well. The beauty of using an FSBO site is that you will never get any competition from realtors there ;)

Thanks for sharing, Doug!

I also noticed even putting things on craigslist in a certain town, I was #1 in that town for rent to own. So every little bit helps.

I like the idea of no realtor competition on the fsbo sites, too. :D;):) :)