The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

CA Marketing

I have been sending some info off craiglist to see about picking up some CA type deals. Probably about 90 off craigslist. Response has been static. Nothing really to write home about.

I also had about 140 leads on my website that are properties all over Florida dating back to July. Well. I sent them out. Got about 15 responses for more info. Sent LPA out. Got a couple responses back. Asked for TERMS and I got one like this earlier.

ARV of home is 499K been on market for 2 years so we know its not 499K.

So they sent me a email back stating for a lease option they want 40K down and 3K per month.

I had to read it again.....lol.

I got responses like that were typical.

I guess I am asking the wrong terms.....:)

It ain't you, JR. I get calls and emails from homeowners who are still in a sellers market mentality. Making demands about this, insisting on that, and requiring a DNA sample from me. These days, with no shortage of sellers, if I get even a hint of Florida attitude, I pull the plug and look elsewhere.

Rex, I think the difference is you are a seller/investor. Most of the attitude and anger I get is from homeowners who bought the house or condo for their personal residence, so they have a lot riding on it. Now they find themselves with a property worth 30% less than they owe on it, and with no way out. Can't say I blame 'em for being ornery.

Guest Diver

I here ya brotha's. Up here in the great up north sellers still think their property values are going up. Diver

Here is something funny. I have a 3/1 that I have been trying to move for abount 4 months just to rent to own. Last month I moved to just a rent or all the above. Well I have had several calls shown a few times and my last call a couple hours ago was a young lady. She said it was out of her budget. Now mind you it is 800 per month.

So after a few calls like that I asked her point blank. What are you seeing when you look at homes. She said 3/1 with fence went for $650.00. Now she said if I could match it that she would come LOOK!!!!

I just about wrecked my SUV.....I was floored. Here I was having someone making me an OFFER on a RENTAL!!!!

Don't be so surprised, JR. I'm finding this to be the norm these days. I had a rental down around Miami, asking $1,300. Offers, yes offers, were coming in at eleven and twelve hundred consistently. Finally found a taker at $1,300. . .but it took three months.

And last week some clown offered me, get this, $800 for a $1,900 rental. :) I guess the thinking out on the street is to low ball everyone. What with the next Great Depression bearing down on us, I can't disagree with that strategy.

Guest Diver

Wow glad to see I'm not the only one getting these screwballs. Just when I think I heard it all some dink from planet Lackanookie shows up. Diver