The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Diver

CA marketing opinions please

Guest Diver

I've been working a few long distance sellers lately. They've been wondering how a CA works. I thought about writing up a breif but very clear letter on how it works but I don't want to be a teacher and forward the no-how. I also don't want to make it so clear that a Realtor can jump in and ruin everything. Any opinions on this or has anyone done this before.

Anything I should watch out for? Thanks, Diver

Diver, you don't want to go into so much detail as to put these folks into business for themselves. On the other hand, you have to sell the concept and yourself, so you can't leave them in the dark, either. I find it best to talk directly to the homeowners, rather than trying to explain in detail via emails. The ones who are serious and legit will ask questions and get it.

Here is my 2 cents.....drop the explanition VIA email. From my last run I truly believe that I could had done better if I took the calls instead email. Objections can get lost via email. You cannot view voice inflection. Posture.....etc.

When I sent The Lease Purchase Advantage it seemed to scare the crap out of them.

So I think next time I make that run again, I am going to Pick up SKYPE and make that Call.

Guest Diver

Thanks Guys, I understand. Unfortunately for me I just finished writing it. Oh well its time to condence my letter. I always strive to talk directly with the seller but when they are 150 miles away its difficult. Good thing I haven't emailed it yet, I'll send a short version. Thanks, Diver

Diver,

That is the great thing about the phone which I hate talking to people on the phone (I am in therapy). My furthest email was about 500 miles away. If I had to do it over again I would have email "Are you interested" email and when they emailed back I would have called them. My biggest advantage is that I had a FULL PROPERTY profile. Not a craigslist ad.

Diver,

I always get asked by FRBO to email them info on how the CA works.

I always tell them I don't have anything on paper due to its simplicity.

What I do make clear to them always though, is that if they decide to go into a CA arrangement, to use an Expert who deals 100% with Rent To Own to avoid costly mistakes or nasty endings. ( ex: the right paper work etc )

I would also create an online "Q&A" showing the homeowner's benefits when doing a CA and email them the link to read it. As a bonus, you can also add some testimonials from deals you've done in the past (This Can Make The Deal)!

I would also add a fill in form to contact you or to tell you about their property and situation should they want to take action while they're still hot :)

BEV!

BEV,

You made some great remarks there. Since my leads were all FSBO's and even some LISTED. They already had the mind set of all cash NOW!. So it was an uphill battle for them to even wrap there mind around the concept of Selling RTO.

Can't wait for your SCRIPT BOOK :):)

BEV,

Can't wait for your SCRIPT BOOK :):)

I can't wait to share it either!

The past few months (this month being the worst), I've been going through some serious personal trial issues.

As soon as I'm done with these issues, I will hit the ebook I promised you all :blush:

Gotta Love FRBO :)

BEV!

The past few months (this month being the worst), I've been going through some serious personal trial issues.

As soon as I'm done with these issues, I will hit the ebook I promised you all :)

Bev, you hang in there. Dont worry about us. The book can wait. Handle your issues and finish the book some other time. :blush:

As soon as I'm done with these issues, I will hit the ebook I promised you all :)

Bev, you hang in there. Dont worry about us. The book can wait. Handle your issues and finish the book some other time. :blush:

i think this is something sour mash no 7 can handle.

Bev......

There is nothing more important than the well-being of friends, family, and self. I'm sure I can speak for a lot of those on the forum that if you need ANYTHING, we're here for ya.

Thanks so much, you're all angels.

Just so you know... (and for those who've shown concern)

My family and I are all doing well, our health and business is excellent.

Is a different trial I'm going through and this too shall pass, but....

Trials are a good thing if we stay in faith and keep a positive attitude through the entire process.

For instance, there's this story I heard long time ago about this young lady that was a receptionist at some

meaningless company and she'd been working there for many years but she never got promoted.

She would applied for higher position within the company but she never got her break, every co-worker would

get promoted except for her.

Years went by and she kept on pressing forward and kept her positive attitude through the entire trial she was going through.

One day, her boss told her to bake a pie for a meeting he was going to conduct in the building with all the employees.

The young lady felt bad because she was only to bake a pie but not attend the meeting as her position wasn't important enough to attend.

The next day, she got up very early in the morning and started baking her pie... She put all her energy and soul into baking this pie

because of her positive attitude.

She brought the pie into the meeting and went back to her desk.

When the meeting was over, lots of the people in the meeting were complimenting this pie and wanted to know who baked it.

Well, to make a long story short, this young lady is none othe than Betty Crocker. (her pay day delivered)

Another story.. (short)

There was this young man who was broke and couldn't afford a new car to drive, he was always having problems with his old car.

But he kept a positive attitude and never complained about being broke or about owning a beat up car.

One day, while driving to his low payig job, he got a flat tire in the middle of the freeway, he knew he was gonna be late for work

and it was the last thing he needed. But he didn't allow this to make him bitter or mad either,... long story short, as he awaits

for someone to pull over and help him out (as he did not have a spare tire), a car finally pulls over and a young lady gets off the car

and offered him help.

This is how this person met the woman of his dreams and have now been happily married for over 20 yrs (his pay day delivered)

Yes I'm going through some trials of my own and even though the road is very bumpy and difficult, it will never erase the smile off my face

nor it will ever kill my ever lasting positive attitude, I'm just so looking forward to see what God has in store for me at the end of this journey.

(my pay day coming soon) :)

Love Always!

BEV!