The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
moneyman

Advertising and Methods

Is it better to leave your ad on your signs, flyers etc. as vague as "I BUY HOUSES 1-800-xxx-xxx" or to list in more detail where possible. I believe if the caller sees a more detailed ad, when he calls he is already somewhat aware of your system and more able to possibly fund a deal-If he's not interested, he won't call(the less is listed in the ad, the more calls come in just checking out what you have to offer)

Am I wrong?

I have also noticed just about every bandit sign I have placed on stakes have either come up missing or takin' off the stake and laid face down (while driving around looking for properties, and checking my signs I recovered most of them). Every sign I stapled to telephone poles have stayed for some time although there in the same areas as before, I'm just thankful I was able to recover most of them.

Thinking about offering to network with my sign guy. He charges $6 per sign but gives bulk discounts, will offer him to place his logo or statement on my sign for an even bigger discount, he gets free advertising, I get cheaper prices.

Bandit signs by nature require that your message be brief and to the point. Remember, folks are driving by at 40 mph and need just the facts: what you can do for them and what number to call for more info from you. Something along the lines of:

We Buy Houses

Make Your Payments

No Closing Costs!

(Phone Number)

Of course, this can be tweaked to suit your locale and your preferences, but I think you get the point.

Missing bandit signs? You and everyone else, moneyman. It's an accepted reality in this business. You need to keep after 'em and replace them frequently. After all, you won't receive too many calls from bandit sticks :wacko: .

Which leads me to my next point: keep the cost of your marketing down by being a wise consumer. Shop around for the best deal you can find on signs and sign making materials. I recommend you have a look at a recent thread started by member Option8, which can be found here.

As for flyers, obviously they can be a bit more detailed. After all, no one is reading them while driving, so they can be viewed at a more leisurely pace.