The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
alexlocklear85

Option Fee

Are most of you all working CA's getting the whole option fee or 1/2?

I'm sure some would run if I told them I would take the whole option fee as my compensation and I don't want to scare away a lead.

Alex, I can't stress this enough. You can't make it your business model to be splitting the option money as a matter or routine. If you do you are cutting your income in half.

You can't be so blatant as to tell the homeowner "All the option money is mine to keep", of course. But go into any potential deal with that unspoken mindset. You'll be surprised at how many homeowners will comply. On the other hand, with the occasional homeowner who wants a piece of the pie, if you want to do business with him you can begin to negotiate, with a 50/50 split as your last stand.

Alex, your problem isn't splitting option fees, it's about confidence. Make a list of all the things that you can reasonably offer a seller or just look at the LP Advantage and remember that you have something to offer sellers. If they could do this themselves they would have already. Remember your worth.

To ease my mind and concerns about splitting the option consideration,

I just classified it like I would a regular wholesale assignment.

I mean, how often to does one split their profits on

wholesale deals?

So why do it with CAs...they're both being assigned. :(