The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
randian

Does Craigslist know you're using Bcc when you email?

Yesterday I sent a batch of ~25 emails to Craigslist advertisers. One email with every address except one on the Bcc: line. It's much more efficient than sending one email at a time. Normally the recipients of a Bcc email see themselves as the only recipient, but I have yet to receive a single reply, as if Craigslist knew I was doing a mass mailing and sent my email into a black hole.

Using a template or simple copy and paste method, I can shoot out two dozen individual emails, each addressed separately, in a matter of fifteen minutes or so. As for what Craig's List might have done with your attempt, I can't say. Who knows what evil lurks behind the scenes over there? I'd stick with the tried and true. It doesn't take long, and with homeowners as desperate as they are these days, it doesn't take hundreds of emails and hours of time to receive numerous replies.

Using a template or simple copy and paste method, I can shoot out two dozen individual emails, each addressed separately, in a matter of fifteen minutes or so. As for what Craig's List might have done with your attempt, I can't say. Who knows what evil lurks behind the scenes over there? I'd stick with the tried and true. It doesn't take long, and with homeowners as desperate as they are these days, it doesn't take hundreds of emails and hours of time to receive numerous replies.

I'm using RoboForm. Has anyone else tried it? Great tool!

Guest Diver

Radian, I Bcc to craigslist leads all the time, it works great. Maybe you should check your sent emails to see if the're there. Diver

Radian, I Bcc to craigslist leads all the time, it works great. Maybe you should check your sent emails to see if the're there.

My Sent folder definitely shows the email in question. I guess I just got unlucky with that batch of emails. Zero responses is depressing.

Zero responses is very surprising in light of the market in your area. Whatever the reason for the response rate, get back on the keyboard and send out more emails!

That is odd. Even I don't get zero response. I get zero interest, but they at least email me back to tell me to screw off :angry:
I've always said Canadians are more thoughtful than Americans.

Guest Diver

randian, This works for me. At the end of my first email I simply add on "please respond". Diver