The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
randian

Anybody else been threatened with being reported to Craigslist?

After sending a followup email and the LPA letter to a prospect, they responded with "You're dishonest!" (exact quote) and threatened to report me to Craigslist. I guess they flipped upon seeing I wasn't the end buyer. As a bonus, since CL anonymizes email addresses I have no way of making sure I don't send them another email, should they post another ad. They'll think I'm intentionally spamming them.

I wouldn't worry about him too much. There are some other posts recently that show ridiculous comments like such where sellers will report you to the FBI, but hey, you're not doing anything illegal, so they can run with it like a dog chasing a tail and not get very far :rolleyes: . Move on to your other sellers who are motivated and don't let anyone keep you from realizing your goals. Fear is the biggest killer of all dreams. How you handle it will determine whether you stay where you are vs moving on to your bigger and achievable goals.

randian, you're becoming a bit paranoid, I'd say. :rolleyes: Relax. I have at least a kook per week call me some unspeakable name and threaten me with all sorts of torture and financial ruin because I dared to contact him about a lease purchase. That's what delete buttons are for. I suggest you use your's and move on without giving this guy another second's thought.

I don't understand some sellers? :rolleyes: They advertise their property on a public creative web site like Craigslist and then get upset when they receive responses to their ad. Or some sellers seem angry when you speak with them about their house. When all you're trying to do is figure out a way to buy their house. No wonder they can't sell.

randian, you're becoming a bit paranoid, I'd say. :rolleyes: Relax. I have at least a kook per week call me some unspeakable name and threaten me with all sorts of torture and financial ruin because I dared to contact him about a lease purchase.

Having one's email account terminated on the accusation that you're a spammer isn't entirely paranoid. If Craigslist threatens to blacklist everybody served by your provider, they'll gladly sacrifice you. I was tempted to apologize, but I figured that would be interpreted as more spam, so I just deleted the email.

So far this is the only threat I've received. The seller's real beef isn't that I'm dishonest, but that I violated their assumptions. Their self-righteous indignance is amusing to behold.

randian, you're becoming a bit paranoid, I'd say. :rolleyes: Relax. I have at least a kook per week call me some unspeakable name and threaten me with all sorts of torture and financial ruin because I dared to contact him about a lease purchase.

Having one's email account terminated on the accusation that you're a spammer isn't entirely paranoid. If Craigslist threatens to blacklist everybody served by your provider, they'll gladly sacrifice you. I was tempted to apologize, but I figured that would be interpreted as more spam, so I just deleted the email.

So far this is the only threat I've received. The seller's real beef isn't that I'm dishonest, but that I violated their assumptions. Their self-righteous indignance is amusing to behold.

Just use gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. if you are that worried about being banned. It would probably take multiple complaints for Craigslist to ban you. No worries man... I got reported to the FBI an no one has raided my house... yet... ;)