The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
esk456

What works better?

I've seen some recent feedback that the Richard Roop-style post-it notes that go on the door, may pull better than traditional door hangers. Does anyone have experience in comparing the two? Alternatively, does anyone have experience with either one of these methods in consistently pulling in deals?

I don't know, but I just created a cool post card that as I am driving around will be placing on FSBO doors or sides of mail boxes. Just to many houses with FSBO signs and I know that I am missing a bunch just using electronic marketing.

I don't know, but I just created a cool post card that as I am driving around will be placing on FSBO doors or sides of mail boxes. Just to many houses with FSBO signs and I know that I am missing a bunch just using electronic marketing.

I just tried doing this yesterday after a meeting on one of my sandwich leases. I had a door hanger in hand and approached this nice house, and as soon as I heard their television on and saw a glass front door I bailed. Its too much of a cold approach. I thought to hand it personally to them but I said screw this, and walked...

Keep some tape in the car and stick it on the mail box at the street. You may not even have to get out of the car. If the mail box is on the house you're SOL. :wacko: Mail it!

Here is what we have been doing with FSBO's and FRBO's signs. Or just driving around for YUCKS. I always keep my camera with me. When I come across a home in an area that I travel I will snap the picture of that home. I then upload the home to my greeting card account and send them a Greeting Card asking about there home. It is different.

Or just driving around for YUCKS.
:wacko:^_^
I will snap the picture...upload the home to my greeting card account and send them a Greeting Card asking about there home.
Jonathan that's cool. I can see where that would get the home owners attention and wondering who and how they did that.

One of these days I am going to catch them mowing the yard. That would be the funny part.
:wacko: You're scarier than Google.

lol....MC.

In regards to Post it notes I have used them. The Richard Roop Version. I used them as sticky notes on newspapers. I have had great results as far as calls. But you really need to have a system to sift and sort as a lot of them were dead deals.

Yesterday just for "Yucks" :lol:

I drove a couple neighbohoods in the search for those FSBO signs. B) I placed 8 or 10 marketing post cards taped to the side of the mail box. I received a phone call today from a seller of one of the houses. The seller happens to live out of state. I don't know how the heck she got the post card? She said someone referred her. Maybe a neighbor is keeping an eye on the house? But anyway the Short Offer was just emailed. Her rent was high, but the price was right for a SLO. Will see what happens with the low ball rent amount I offered. ^_^ Seems very motivated!

Guest jvmccall

I have used Roop's post-it notes and had great success. Ton of calls. This was before I started doing CA's, so I threw away a lot of leads that I should have kept. Post-It note are cheaper than postcards. You will get a lot of calls, but they won't be as motivated as other type of marketing bring. I found a guy who puts them on doors for $0.08 each. So for 4,000 post-its it only costs $320. 4,000 postcards could cost ~ $1,000. It is a great strategy if you are targeting a specific farm area. You could tell when my guy was done doing the post-its because the phone calls would start pouring in. I think I would get close to 50 calls for every 4,000 post-it notes (50-75 people that would actually call & leave messages). This was when I was doing a lot of subject-to's. I would get at least 1-2 deals every 4,000 post-it notes.

In regards to Post it notes I have used them. The Richard Roop Version. I used them as sticky notes on newspapers.

I got one similiar to this with my name on a sticky note and a newspaper talking about the government giving away free money and grants. It sure as heck got my attention. This strategy seems to get the persons attention.