The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
vballdarin

Has anyone on the forum written an article for their local newspaper?

Hey there everyone...

I may have the opportunity to write an article for our local newspaper partaining to L/O's. After reading an article today about the frustration of local buyers and Realtors concerning short sales, i shot a short message to the editor asking if I could talk to him about writing an article about Lease-to-Own real estate. I told him that it would tie into the short sale article as another creative/beneficial way to buy and sell real estate for those people struggling for solutions.

The gentleman at the newspaper I spoke with had heard of Leasing-to-Own a car but never Real Estate. I'm going to be calling him next week to cook something up.

Any other Investors on the forum have any experience writing newspaper articles? I know many of you have blogs and I have probably read most of them (Doug's piece on CA's, the late/great Bob Bruss and his columns on Real Estate Investing, etc) Any suggestions you would give to me in writing this article besides being fair and balanced (Just like FOX News... :angry: )

Sounds like fun, Darin. Good for you!

My best advice is to write from the heart. In other words, don't try and emulate anyone else. Be yourself and trust that you know more than your audience. Write clearly and simply. I don't want to use the expression dumb it down, but I assume your readers are products of the American skewl system, so KISS, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and be sure your article prominently mentions The Naked Investor :angry: , and your willingness to speak with anyone locally who could use your help.

Good luck, and if you need any help, you know the phone number of where I spend happy hour, (Noon 'til 10:00PM), right?