The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
efete1

direct mail lists

Hi all;

How do you find lists to direct mail to? Specifically, finding lists of out of state owners or owners with non-local phone numbers, pre-foreclosures, estates, etc.? I have not had any luck looking for services to locate them, or with title companies. Obviously, I am not looking in the right spots and am too green to know better! Thanks so much for any help.

Eric

If you search Google for mailing lists and similar searches, you'll find many, many companies. Not all are created equal, however, so be a wise consumer before dropping any cash. MelissaData.com is but one well known source of leads.

I read everywhere that direct mailing is a great marketing tool, but I'm still skeptical. I mean, whenever I get those postcards in the mail I throw them out without really reading them. Do you guys have any success with them? If not postcards, what else do you mail?

I have been using direct mail for years. That has been about 90% of my marketing. I am changing a little bit and going to be using more signs to buy. It will be a test. The thing with direct mail is not to mail one time. It takes an average 3-4 times to get them to react. It also depends on the type of Demographic you mail to.

It is all about your marketing message and list. I use personalized post cards that I do with click2mail.com for lists of 500 or more. If I have a small demographic such as Probate I will use my Greeting Cards.

Follow up is an also important part of direct mail. If you get one of those deals that have a TON of equity but they did not take your offer then you need to follow up with them at least once per month. I use my greeting cards for them also. I send Birthday Cards and Thank you gifts to my follow up and purchases.

I've toyed with the idea of greeting cards and such. I had a mentor when I worked in the hotel industry that kept a calendar of events for all his sales contacts. It seemed every day had someone's birthday or anniversary or some thing or another. Some of those people he hadn't actually spoken with for years, but they received a card nonetheless. I know I would prefer getting a card in the mail rather than a mass mailer.

You can make your click2mail.com post card personalized. My card system is not for mass mailing. At a cost of 1.34 per card it can get expensive. Even though it will pull better than those YELLOW LETTER stuff.