The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
salsadunes

Title Question

Hey Micheal,

Just got the manual, great stuff. Im excited to get started and close my first deal.

My question is, could there be a title issue that would cause a wrinkle in a CA? Say like when the T/B go's for financing? That the seller didnt disclose? Not sure that this would be my concern since im out of the picture now. Or if it's a concern at all?

Thanks for the knowledge.

Hey Micheal,

Just got the manual, great stuff. Im excited to get started and close my first deal.

My question is, could there be a title issue that would cause a wrinkle in a CA? Say like when the T/B go's for financing? That the seller didnt disclose? Not sure that this would be my concern since im out of the picture now. Or if it's a concern at all?

Thanks for the knowledge.

Yes, it's a concern but the agreements should state that the seller should deliver clear title or the option consideration should be fully returned etc. I even go as far as to have the seller pay the tenant/buyer an extra $500 for liquidated and complete damages.

Hope that helps,

Adam (aka Michael for tonight) <_<

Wow! An Adam King sighting! :unsure: At 2:30AM, under the cover of darkness, of course. . . <_<

With a CA, you are for all intents and purposes, out of the picture once you assign the deal to the t/b. So what happens a year down the road shouldn't suck you in. So the agreements used in the CA don't reference this. If you want to add a clause to address this issue, you can certainly do so. As an example, you'll find one in the agreement used for doing a sandwich lease, (Page 3, Paragraph 17).