The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

craigslist account placed on hold

Went to place an ad and edit a few ads and low and behold I got the "craigslist account placed on hold". Anyone have this done? If so how long? I may just go create a new account. Problem is that phone verification thing.

That's a new one by me. :P I placed three ads on Craig's List last night, as a matter of fact, and had no issues. And what is the phone verification you speak of?

Yes, I have been having the same issues with Craigslist.

I typically do not set up an account and keep track of my adds on my own computer. A couple weeks ago some of my adds were getting flagged. So, when I started placing additional adds days latter I could not post until I set up an account. The reason is because I place multiple adds (at least that is what CL said). Well, that worked OK for a while and I would keep track of the adds in my account with CL. Some adds would still get flagged however. So I tryed using different email addresses and those quickly stopped working and again CL asked that I set up an account.

So, long story longer. As I was using my account, CL ask that I give them my phone number so they could verify with me my account. Ahhh, I don't think so. After that I could not access my CL account. Now after a few days I can access my account through the add email you receive from CL. But not form the CL site. This week I have been placing the adds with the same email with no problem and not using an account. :P

The only thing I can figure is that I was placing a lot of adds, and maybe someone out there was flagging my adds and it caught CL attention, but I don't know for sure. I think by using other emails and taking a lower profile for a week may have aloud things to calmn down a bit and seems OK for the moment.