The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
efete1

HUD rules

an experienced and well connected mortgage broker

Now there's a problem. They seem to as plentiful as herds of unicorn right now. I tried refinancing a property last year and it took a full year to do it (closed March of this year) because they all seem to keep disappearing. Let alone trying to find one that actually knows what he/she is doing...

*Still bitter* :wacko:

My mortgage broker guy paints the interior of houses now to get by, and goes into his mortgage office once or twice a week to check emails. He's great but times are tuff and those good brokers are fewer. Not to mention my realtor contact now patches pot holes in parking lots to make ends meet.

So, now I have 2 good contacts if I need a house painted or a drive way needing repair. :ninja:

My favorite Agent switched out signs on his car. He went from selling houses to delivering pizzas. Dominick's Realty is now Dominoes Pizza. Go figure. :ninja:

Keep in mind why most loan officers got in the biz. Same reason for most of the people in real estate agent training. They think they can make some money. Most LO's and RE agents are MORONS!!! There are some good ones though, and there are some GREAT ones. But most are MORONS!!! Seriously..I get people in houses and they say "Oh, my friend is a loan officer, so he's going to do the loan." OK..fine... 10 months later I get a call from the friend..."Hi, this is so and so's friend, and I'm doing the loan for him, and I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me." "Sure, you bet." "Yeah...I was looking at the contract...and ....what exactly is a lease option?" I am not lying when I say that I have to explain how to structure the loan to a loan officer.

That's why I have everything in house and in place.

John, your post reminds me of the old joke, "What do you call the med student who graduated last in his class?" Doctor :ninja: