The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
salsadunes

Senior citizen defense?

I found a seller who is 85 years old. She wants to do a lease option with me. But she has a tentative agreement with another party that she wants out of. She says she felt pressure from the couple to sign the handwritten receipt saying she would sell them the house on a rent to own. She has a contract but never signed it. The only thing she signed was a receipt for $1,400 two months rent. But no signed contract. She is two hours from the house, so a friend gave the couple the key to look at the house. Then the seller met them there the next day. And they would not give her the key back. She says she felt like a rabbit and they were snakes on the attack, when she dealt with them.

Does she have a leg to stand on? Not sure where she stands. Any thoughts would help.

Does she have a leg to stand on?

Absolutely she does. First, you say she didn't sign any contract, so I don't know what exactly has gone down between her and the prospective t/b's. I suspect a quick call from an attorney, or a local senior citizens agency of some type will put an end to this pronto. But something needs to be done ASAP. These dirtbags have the key and access to the property. Once they're in, the issue becomes a much bigger one.

Assuming they are now in the house, she will have to go through with eviction. I had an agent friend that gave out a lockbox code and the lady turned out to be a squatter. He had to evict her. That's why I never give codes out to people that sound like they are missing teeth. HA!

That's why I never give codes out to people that sound like they are missing teeth. HA!

There goes 98% of my potential buyer database. :ninja:

I figured she woiuld now have to evict them. But im not sure how the $ 1,400 would play out? The monies were transferd to her account, From some company. Not the couple that she has dealt with. Does this change her position at all?

I figured she woiuld now have to evict them. But im not sure how the $ 1,400 would play out? The monies were transferd to her account, From some company. Not the couple that she has dealt with. Does this change her position at all?

It all comes down to the judge. She has the money, they have the keys, contract or not, she will have to evict now.

And then again, the old lady might be trying to pull one over on you. Why does she have a signed receipt for 2 months worth of rent? Why would she take the money before a contract is made? I think the "contract" was verbal, (maybe because she figured it was too much hassle to do the paperwork) and now she is trying to change the rules. I wouldn't get in the middle, you'd probably end up in court with them.

And then again, the old lady might be trying to pull one over on you. Why does she have a signed receipt for 2 months worth of rent? Why would she take the money before a contract is made? I think the "contract" was verbal, (maybe because she figured it was too much hassle to do the paperwork) and now she is trying to change the rules. I wouldn't get in the middle, you'd probably end up in court with them.

Meet with the old bag first. see if she's hot.

OK, Here is the latest on this one. Iv dropped it like it was hot, since my last post. The Lady has called me back and has now given the people there momey back witht he pomise they would move out. Well they got the money ran in the house and locked the door.

The lady has no ability to deal with these losers. They are loud and controling. And now have there monies back and still refuse to get out.

My question is can i make a deal with her to get control of the property, that would allow me to take the steps to evict them? There would be no monies exchanged as i will not give up dollars for the deal until there out, and i find a buyer.

She is sincere and has talked to a lawyer. He sent a letter demanding the house back. They agreed to move with the monies being returned. But did not move.

Would llike to make this a deal. But of course this is my business not a soup kitchen.

Will be looking for your thoughts.

Salsa.

Since she already started the process with an attorney, she should finish up with the attorney. He needs to serve papers on these deadbeats and begin the eviction process. Please post photos of the sheriff tossing their asses out on the street. ;)

Once that's done, then you can look into striking a deal. My two cents. . .