The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
OX6603

I finally took that first step

GO GO GO GO GO! When you're feeling like you're ready to take on the world, DO IT! Don't let that energy slip away!

And regardless if this one works out, find more that will!

3 weeks though, what happens after 3 weeks? sounds to me like she should be ready to negotiate with you on the price/terms if she needs someone in by 3 weeks :-P

The homeowner needs to be realistic. Three weeks is a short time frame, particularly in December. If she is that motivated, the terms need to reflect that.

The homeowner needs to be realistic. Three weeks is a short time frame, particularly in December. If she is that motivated, the terms need to reflect that.

I'm thinking Dec 10 she'll have holding costs, so not really a deal breaker. I haven't heard back from her, going to call her tomorrow. In the mean time I booked a meeting w/ a home owner tomorrow, hopefully I can sign him up! That little "non-exclusive" thing is so disarming!!!! They've turned from "This is new, I don't understand...NO!" to "Heck, what do I have to lose?"

Well I've been away for a while. My second son was born in Dec, they have tendancy to eat up all of you time.

My last meeting with a seller was a total crash and burn but it was a good learning experience. I need to know the agreements like the back of my hand next time. Seller wanted to use "his" agreements (local rei club's) with my clauses added in, wanted me to leave him copies to look over. The place was a glorified cardboard box on a goofy divided lot so I really got more out of it this way and it didn't hurt to walk away.

My naked investing career is on hold for now as I focus on my sons, prepare to expand my part time landscaping business, and work my J.O.B.

Good Luck to everyone in Naked Investor Land!

OX6603,

Congratulations on your new baby.

You seemed so excited and ready to go with your investing. Don't let that energy go away.

I'm new too. Haven't done a deal yet but trying my JOB and my every day routine not to kill my enthusiasm.

Reading this forum, CA's down to earth manual, emailing at least 10 prospective sellers helps me to stay

focused on what I really want to do.

Good Luck.

Congratulations on number two! How's Little Michael doing? :lol:

Do what you must, but there's no reason to turn your back on what is obviously your interest in real estate. Even the above scenario you described was a valuable one for you. You walked away from the deal wiser for the experience. Step at a time, OX. One step at a time.

Well I'm back! Boys are doing great, thanks.

Landscaping is winding down and I'm ready to get back into things.

I'm working on my script, refining some ideas, and working on a website.

Should be bombing craigslist for leads once again in a few days!