The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
efete1

sending documents

Hi all;

I hope everyone is well and ready for a good Thanksgiving holiday (soon)!

I have read everyone's opinion's on sending out documents. I had another "can you send the docs for my attorney to review?" line. I of course will not do that. However, I know some on the posts watermark their docs and fax them to the seller. How does one do that? Is there a simple way to do so?

Thanks for any tips!

Eric

Hi, Eric. John Jackson is the one who mentioned he watermarks his documents. He uses Adobe Acrobat Pro, I believe. He'll be along, I'm sure, to help you with this, or you can PM him.

I heavily recommend spending $400 on Acrobat Pro. I couldn't do what I do without it. You can convert your Word docs to Acrobat, then there is a selection to watermark them, and you can have it say whatever you want, and select the shading etc, then you can e-mail you docs instead of faxing. When you fax the watermarked docs, the fax normally causes the watermark to come out darker.

You could have the watermark say "Sample" or "Copy" or whatever. Mine is my company name.

Hi all;

I have read everyone's opinion's on sending out documents. I had another "can you send the docs for my attorney to review?" line. I of course will not do that.

You answered your own question ;)

In other words, if you send me the contracts (whether samples or not), and if I really wanted to use them myself, I can always just type every word of it on a sheet of paper and that's it! Nothing will stop me from doing this if I really wanted the contracts for myself.

My point? Nothing and I mean NOTHING will stop someone from using your contracts if you send it to them.

I still use my old technique when someone requests for my contracts and most of the time I don't hear back from these clowns, if they only knew the joke's on them :lol:

Hey, how about putting a barcode on them when sending them out stating something to make them think twice before stealing your contracts?

BEV!

Hey, how about putting a barcode on them when sending them out stating something to make them think twice before stealing your contracts?
Here is what I put below the signature line of all my documents (its not like I'm going to take any legal action though):

 Copy Right:

As an instrument of convention this contract and the agreement represented are the property of

My Business Name. Reproduction or use of this contract other than for the parties intended without written consent from the preparer is prohibited. Unauthorized use will be subject to legal action.

I have know problem letting an attorney to review the documents. Heck you can even go to my website at jonsellahome.com and see a sample lease and option agreement. But mostly if they want to have attorney to review it. They have a hidden objection. It is up to you to find out what it is.

I will read through the documents with seller or tenant buyer. If they want an attorney to review before signing, then ask what they did not understand. If it is legality then ask them what part of the agreement they do not understand they think is illegal.

The last thing is you want them to sign. Then stand before a judge and say HEY THEY DID NOT LET MY LAWYER LOOK AT IT! Guess who is going to get it. Now on my website I do have the watermark. But for 3 bucks and an overnight shippment to ODESK I can have it retyped and formatted into MS WORD, just what BEV said.

If I just have to leave documents with a seller for reivew and I have no other choice, I will let them know that these are the "base agreements" to get everything started. I let the seller know that I will have some additional documents that will need to completed and signed at the end of the deal to make everything legit. So if they think they are going to steal the deal, the feeling is they do not have the complete set of legal documents to close the deal. I will never email contracts unless they are an out of state seller and I have no choice. But that's me.

During the ATL class the students thought it was interesting how two people can teach a class yet approach things differently.

MC gets a lot of response from marketing the rent credits, and here...people don't even know what they are, so I don't focus on them in regards to marketing.

MC doesn't e-mail docs...and that's all I do..I spit out docs like...well....the analogies can go crazy from there.....

Owners come to me for my services, not to do it on their own.

Besides....LOs are illegal in TX.......HA!

That is what's cool about that we learn here. You can get the basics of how everything works to get rolling and tweak it to fit your specific business model idea and market. The L/O techniques are flexible.

I think it's interesting to hear how others work their business and appreciate how open everyone is on how they do things. I know many times I can pick up a nugget of information that helps me out. The Naked Investor has always been a great place to learn and hang out and egos are checked at the door, unlike many other forums.

Besides....LOs are illegal in TX.......HA!
:lol: And that is the most impressive by working around the government regulations in your state.

Steve....I have to completely agree about the NI and the egos at the door. I don't mess with forums or real estate website just cause I don't' have the time or really care, but I did see another one that is very popular and I clicked on a few posts...YIKES!!!! everyone there was hatin!!!! hatin man!!

I was pretty shocked actually. Someone would ask a question and they'd get smacked, or maybe someone would answer, and then they would get smacked...

Screw that man...the NI rocks...it's a family here and everyone here wants to help....that's what's great about having an actual moderator, and not someone that has a forum that is really just a shopping cart for all of the gurus to sell their crap.....

Hi all;

I have read everyone's opinion's on sending out documents. I had another "can you send the docs for my attorney to review?" line. I of course will not do that. However, I know some on the posts watermark their docs and fax them to the seller. How does one do that? Is there a simple way to do so?

Thanks for any tips!

Eric

Eric,

It has been few months since you asked this question. But I thought this might help folks who want watermark their documents before they send out(physical copies or email) documents.

Software needed

1. Microsoft Word (2007 or 2003)

2. Primo pdf ( free version available with no spyware, just make sure you do not install the toolbar that comes with it)

When you install Primo pdf it gets installed as printer on your PC ( I have not tried this on a MAC so I dont know).

1. In Microsoft Word 2007 add watermark by going to page Layout tab and click on watermark and you can select one of the template watermark or create custom one (see attached word doc).

2. Now the print word doc and select Primopdf as your printer and follow the prompts to save it on your computer in pdf format ( uploaded pdf).

If you have Word installed total cost for this $0.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sri

Sample_document_to_illustrate_watermarks.doc

Sample_document_to_illustrate_watermarks.pdf

Hi all;

Thanks for any tips!

Eric

Eric,

It has been few months since you asked this question. But I thought this might help folks who want watermark their documents before they send out(physical copies or email) documents.

Software needed

1. Microsoft Word (2007 or 2003)

2. Primo pdf ( free version available with no spyware, just make sure you do not install the toolbar that comes with it)

When you install Primo pdf it gets installed as printer on your PC ( I have not tried this on a MAC so I dont know).

1. In Microsoft Word 2007 add watermark by going to page Layout tab and click on watermark and you can select one of the template watermark or create custom one (see attached word doc).

2. Now the print word doc and select Primopdf as your printer and follow the prompts to save it on your computer in pdf format ( uploaded pdf).

If you have Word installed total cost for this $0.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sri

Sri

Thank you so much for the tip! I will check it out.

Eric