The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EQUITY NOTES

C/A

HI All

I would like some advise as to how some of you handle the option money from the T/B

Once you have prescreened your T/B and its a go:

Do you collect and hold the option money until seller approves the assignment?

I do not want seller and t/b cutting me out or worse yet giving funds to seller

Just wanted to know how you investors do it

Thanks,

Tom

After i've approved the buyer, I:

1) collect $1k to hold the house for up to 30 days

2) if the house is occupied, coordinate the timeline of moving with the seller and buyer

3) at move in or a day or so before, I collect the final monies and get the buyer to sign everything and give each part a copy of docs.

I do the same as Mr. Pilot

I will let the owner approve the tenant/buyer first then give the t/b the good news. I have the t/b sign their side of the paper work and I try to get the full option consideration to hold the house. I also have them sign a doc stating that if they back out before move-in no money is refunded.

I like my method better :lol:

When ready to close the deal

1) I close with home owner privately first at Starbucks around 1 PM (we have fun through the process with all them coffees and all)

2) I then drive to the house and close with the TB privately around 2 PM.. we go over the paperwork, and I answer all their last minute questions, I collect my cashier's check and sign papers.

I then call home owner and tell him we're ready for him.. He then comes and joins the party with us.

They stay partying and I go to bank ;)

BEV!

Sign in to follow this