The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
JoeNewbie

Virtual Assistants

My manual is on its way! I would like to hit the market hard and market to sellers in mass. Would you guys think it would be a good idea to hire someone off odesk to do cold calling customers and getting info off craigslist while I do the same? Would you guys give them a script to do and have them write down the maybe's and yes', then I call them back and get into the deal? I sort of want to tag team and hit hard. Thanks for your input! Please also give many any other marketing suggestions. THX

Joe N00B ;)

My manual is on its way! I would like to hit the market hard and market to sellers in mass. Would you guys think it would be a good idea to hire someone off odesk to do cold calling customers and getting info off craigslist while I do the same? Would you guys give them a script to do and have them write down the maybe's and yes', then I call them back and get into the deal? I sort of want to tag team and hit hard. Thanks for your input! Please also give many any other marketing suggestions. THX

Joe N00B ;)

Joe,

Here is my 2 cents worth. I have had VA's from odesk answer phones. Let me tell you that it is hard to find the right person that doesn't have an accent. To me that was my biggest downfall. Not too sure what kind of marketing besides CL you are doing. I for one am coming out of a long downward spiral with some investments that went bad. But with that said, nothing beats taking the calls yourself. I have had operators like Pat Live and Voice Connect. Something that I am playing with is having someone take calls when I cannot and pay them $3.00 per property info sheet.

I see where you are going with your marketing plan. COLD MARKET is just that. It is COLD. The key is to build a relationship in 30 seconds or less. I just don't think someone over on odesk can do that.

My marketing is a lot different, than others here on the site. I was doing a lot of direct mail 2 years ago and now doing more these days, as the marketing budget allows. But if you can make those dials yourself, go for it. I mean I can hit 20-30 calls in 2hrs on Skype. Plus an alternative is Voice Blasting.

Joe, I don't think it's a good idea for any new investor to start with VA's and assistants. As a new guy, you need to learn the business from the bottom, so to speak. This means rolling up your sleeves and getting some real world, hands on experience. Marketeing, speaking with homeowners, looking at houses to learn values, etc. These are all a necessary part of your education. You'll say or do the wrong thing, get berated by some pain-in-the-ass homeowner or two, probably even blow a deal. So what! We all go through these growing pains. But if you plan on being in this business for more than 90 days, these lessons will make you a wiser, tougher, and ultimately more successful investor.

My advice for now is to gain some hands on experience first, then grow from there as business dictates. Get good, then get big. B)

I use VA's for all kinds of stuff, but I personally would not want them making calls for me for the reasons JR mentioned.

IF you wanted them to scour Clist for leads or whatever that's fine, then have them forward those leads to you, but you do the talking.

I still take all of the seller calls myself, as I don't want a rep screwing something like that up, and they speak good English!