The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Gotta Bite

I received this response to an email I sent to a fsbo.

"We would consider that with a substantial down payment. As you probably realize, we need to have funds to purchase another place.. And we would need to see a credit report. Thanks for the inquiry."

So I intend to follow up with them, but how should I present myself? I have no company, so I can't present my self as a property management company as Michael suggests. And, I know how you frown on using the word Investor, Michael. :unsure:

Thanks,

Erik

"We would consider that with a substantial down payment.
Deal killer, Erik. Don't know what they mean by substantial, but your concern should be how are you going to make a buck on the deal if the homeowner is insisting on a "substantial down payment"?

"We would consider that with a substantial down payment.
Deal killer, Erik. Don't know what they mean by substantial, but your concern should be how are you going to make a buck on the deal if the homeowner is insisting on a "substantial down payment"?

I was sort of thinking that. Back to the drawing board :unsure:

Also how did you represent yourself in the beginning to a potential seller? Did you have a company from the start, so you could say you were a 'property management company'? I'm not trying to get too hung up on what I tell the seller, but I definitely am not a company.

Thanks,

Erik