The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Shar NJ

Objections

My two most common objections are:

From Sellers: You said there was no cost to me, obviously there is since you are taking your profit from my sales price.

From Buyers: Why is the listed price (for sale with an agent) less than the lease option price?

How does everyone else handle these objections?

Thanks!

Shar

From Sellers: You said there was no cost to me, obviously there is since you are taking your profit from my sales price.
Yeah I don't really like the whole 'you don't pay anything' approach, everyone EXPECTS a professional to be paid.

From Buyers: Why is the listed price (for sale with an agent) less than the lease option price?
Can you get a mortgage?

"Mr. Homeowner, as discussed, your net price is $200K. That hasn't changed. I'm adding my fee to that price, not deducting it from that price. The t/b is paying it, not you."

If the homeowner can't understand that or objects to you making $5K or whatever the amount is, he's neither serious nor motivated. Move on, and let him try and find a deal elsewhere that will net him more. He won't.

Like Doug said, if someone is a cash buyer, be it their cash or a bank's, money talks and the homeowner will be willing to drop their price. Any t/b should be able to understand this.