The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Hey MC and JJ, Gary is a genius

Thanks for directing Gary (from Ottawa) to me. Last night we did conference calling with FSBOs, Gary is a natural on the phone with sellers. We called 7 sellers, spoke to 6 and ended up sending out 4 offers today. Everybody was super nice and they loved this idea of 2 investors, one from Kitchener and one from Ottawa working together, interested in lease purchasing their homes.

I think Gary could make a business out of closing sellers for other investors. What do you think Gary? You could call your business "Lease Purchase Consulting from the Beach" :rolleyes:

Thanks for directing Gary (from Ottawa) to me. Last night we did conference calling with FSBOs, Gary is a natural on the phone with sellers. We called 7 sellers, spoke to 6 and ended up sending out 4 offers today. Everybody was super nice and they loved this idea of 2 investors, one from Kitchener and one from Ottawa working together, interested in lease purchasing their homes.

I think Gary could make a business out of closing sellers for other investors. What do you think Gary? You could call your business "Lease Purchase Consulting from the Beach" :rolleyes:

I prefer "Two Conniving Canucks"

Gary asked me to post this email that I sent him after meeting with a seller yesterday at their open house. I'm cutting and pasting it exactly as I wrote it to him:

Yeah it was an interesting meeting. At first they said: "No way, we're not going to let you sublet." Then they chased after me to the door and after a few minutes back and forth they said; "Yeah we'll definitely do that." And I did a horrible sales job, I mean, I didn't address any of their concerns at all I was just like: this is what I want and if you're not going to give it to me I'm leaving.

LOL and you're worried about not being good face to face with sellers? I think you should start making calls and meeting sellers in Ottawa. You can't possibly do any worse of a job than I did yesterday.

Everytime I read that it just cracks me up. I read it 4 the first time this morning around 10 ...& it's still making me chuckle here at 22:25.

Guess it helps IF 'YA know Doug a little. I mean it doesn't take long to know Doug ... there's just NOT too much to the guy ... kno' wha'M saayin'Bro?

I shud'a got my mentoring fee from him UPFRONT!! He doesn't want me calling his market with him anymore. He didn't say anything about you guys tho. So, feel free to practice your phone skills in his market.

....the new script is:

SHORT VERSION- "HI. I wanna rent-to-own your house. Give me what I want... NOW... or I'm hanging up/leaving"

LONG VERSION: "So,you wanna sell your house? Good! Before I explain how I'm gonna help you, please remember.. "minds are like parachutes ..THEY WORK BEST WHEN OPEN!"! Okay , NoW .. you want money from your house & I wanna make money by providing a service to assist you.

There is more than one way to EXIT your property. You're gonna move out and I'm gonna sublet the place to a stranger with bad credit whom I'll help get a mortgage ... maybe... SO THAT you will get all the money you're asking for. Fair enough?"

No Doug. I'm not sayin you're simple.

I'm sayin ... YOU'RE "SPECIAL" ..........

Ugh. . .political correctness rears its ugly head. :P

2 dudes in Canada, a moose, and lease options....sounds like a reality show....

My wheels are spinning...I'm thinking of so many .xxx domains to go with this....

I've always said, "Less is more". Guess you're just taking it to the extreme. :P

Why say "blah, blah, blah" when all you need is "blah".

2 dudes in Canada, a moose, and lease options....sounds like a reality show....

My wheels are spinning...I'm thinking of so many .xxx domains to go with this....

Kim Kardashian is available again. . .

I've always said, "Less is more". Guess you're just taking it to the extreme. :P

Succinct Sharyn.

I guess I got tired of explaining the 'program' to people only to have them say: "Nah." I'm also tired of pitching the benefits only to have them say: "Not good enough."

If they don't already know what a rent to own is and can already see how it would benefit them, then I can absolutely 100% positively guarantee, nothing I say in its defense will sway them. So why bother? May as well just state your terms and walk away if they don't agree. "There are 1,000 people waiting in line behind you, buddy, move along."

Everytime I read that it just cracks me up. I read it 4 the first time this morning around 10 ...& it's still making me chuckle here at 22:25.

Guess it helps IF 'YA know Doug a little. I mean it doesn't take long to know Doug ... there's just NOT too much to the guy ... kno' wha'M saayin'Bro?

I shud'a got my mentoring fee from him UPFRONT!! He doesn't want me calling his market with him anymore. He didn't say anything about you guys tho. So, feel free to practice your phone skills in his market.

....the new script is:

SHORT VERSION- "HI. I wanna rent-to-own your house. Give me what I want... NOW... or I'm hanging up/leaving"

LONG VERSION: "So,you wanna sell your house? Good! Before I explain how I'm gonna help you, please remember.. "minds are like parachutes ..THEY WORK BEST WHEN OPEN!"! Okay , NoW .. you want money from your house & I wanna make money by providing a service to assist you.

There is more than one way to EXIT your property. You're gonna move out and I'm gonna sublet the place to a stranger with bad credit whom I'll help get a mortgage ... maybe... SO THAT you will get all the money you're asking for. Fair enough?"

I liked Pilot's version in class ... Dial a random phone number, "YOU WANNA LEASE PURCHASE YOUR HOUSE BEOTCH!!" 3 vodka Redbulls equals Good times.