The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ocean7

Title and Qualifying tenant buyers

Hey guys, Im new at this. I love this forum I find it very helpful. Ive been reading about the lease purchase transaction but there are two issues that im unclear about.

When making sure the title is clear on the house, can someone explain what this entails, who can perform this service for me and what is the cost.

I know alot of people use mortgage brokers to qualify tenant buyers. How can I find a mortgage broker to do this for me. Will they typically charge money for this service. Is there a better way to get this done?

Thanks any help is appreciated.

Hi, ocean7, and welcome to The Naked Investor!

Personally, unless I'm in the deal long term I'm not overly concerned about researching the title. That should be the concern of the individual who is planning on exercising their option and purchasing the property. But with that said, if you want to run a title search you can do so by contacting a title company or two and asking what they can do for you and the cost. Any real estate attorney can do the same but they will probably be more expensive.

Start to network with a few investor friendly mortgage brokers. They shouldn't charge you a dime to qualify tenant/buyers. It's a win/win. You bring them t/b's and they get to work with them and get them financed, earning a nice payday as a result. Heck, they should be paying you. . . ;)