The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DeeLight

Short offer form

Does everyone submit a short offer form or short offer letter before proceeding? I seems like it would be a good thing to prevent misunderstanding down the road.

This is sent after having had a conversation with the seller and due diligence?

I am a firm believer and user of MC's Short Offer after speaking with a seller and before going to the house to close the deal. The Short Offer gives the seller something to review, showing the general terms of the deal of what I can do. It also allows me to continue the conversation after the phone call with my due diligence completed. Also, if the seller is not motivated today my offer sits on their computer desk top until they are. I did have to modify it a little for CAs.

The Short Form is an excellent tool to get a potential seller's attention DeeLight.

Like Steve, I send out the Short Lease/Purchase Offer for every potential deal. From my perspective, this tells the homeowner (1) that I'm not a tire-kicker, rather I'm a person who might have a solution to their problem. (2) The seller knows what terms I'm initially offering. (3) The contingencies at the bottom of the Options Section provides an escape route if, through your due diligence, you decide to forgo this property. Inspection: This offer is contingent upon physical inspection of property and subsequent completion of a formal and signed Residential Lease with Option to Purchase Agreement.

In addition to what's already been said, the Short Offer Form, (for a sandwich lease), and the Short Offer Letter, (for a Cooperative Assignment), also serve the purpose of not giving a homeowner a full set of contracts that they could then go and use for themselves, (ask me how I know this can happen :mellow: ).