The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BillVargas

County Clerks Office

Went over to the County Clerks office to see how it works about a month ago.

Was told to speak to the head staffer. After speaking to her for a while she informed me that she had a part time service of providing records information.

Today, Saturday, I called her at her home number and reminded her of who I was and our conversation. She told me she could provide me with any information I wanted and that her son would get probate records in addition to hers.

I asked her is she was married to get on a more personal footing with her. She replied that she was divorced and had her divorced daugther and grandchildren, plus a 19 year old son, were living with her. She when on further to say that she had no credit or money and wanted to get a house. BINGO!! I may have come across a worker bee and a future tenant.

I will keep you guys informed on what I get from her.

Bill,

you little sweet talker

Mamma always said you catch more bees with honey

However, he wasn't sweating when we spoke, Tony, so I'm not quite sure what you are referring to

Dang spell check

I had the pleasure of meeting Senor Vargas when I spoke to the Mid Hudson Valley REIA, in Poughkeepsie, NY last month. A charming and sweet gentleman, to say the least. However, he wasn't sweating when we spoke, Tony, so I'm not quite sure what you are referring to :);) .

Bill, this contact with the County Clerk divorcee is one that you keep in your Rolodex. She has the potential to have access to a lot of pertinent information for someone in our business. You never know when a contact becomes quite a networking opportunity.

Maybe I'm too aggressive at making money, but I would marry her, then use her to pull up records for me. If she gives you a dead lead, threaten to divorce her. Make her earn her keep!