The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
grannyguru

Merry Christmas Happy New Year: Best Gift Ever!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all who participate here! :)

Just want you all to know: your participation has given me (and probably many many more folks) the best Christmas gift ever: obvious proof that lease/purchase investing works....for those who DO THE WORK, even when starting with almost no cash and no experience!

This forum is the best I've seen; it not only offers hands-on help, but by each of you kindly sharing your efforts as you move from being newbies to being real investors actually making money, you demonstrate the truth.

Even better: it works emotionally, which is where, as we all know, our decisions are made.

I'm just about to be able to purchase the manual with it's contracts. Shortly I'll be entering the road to success, and will ask your help and comments, and will also put my weaknesses, fears, failures and successes on the forum to benefit newbies coming after me.

Tony: I've been reading all the back posts, and reading your Christmas message and headache requests from your carpenter t/b in view of your starting messages is an incredible, beautiful, wonderful thing for any newbie to read! Same for the rest I've seen growing here.

Anyway: just wanted to thank all of you, especially Michael... for this forum and wish everyone a fantastic new year!

Alice

Hi, Alice! I must tell you that reading your post here is truly one of the best Christmas gifts I could receive. It is so gratifying to learn that my efforts and time with this board are reaching people in a positive way.

I couldn't say any better what you already have: the community we have here stands out, in my opinion, because of the feeling of sharing and family that we have nurtured. A number of members have commented to me about this very same matter.

And, yeah, I find it inspiring and exciting to follow the adventures of a newb in this business, as they go from knowing nothing, having never made a phone call, let alone an offer, to getting that first deal done and that first check cashed. Great reading, indeed!

Oh, by the way, Granny.....save your money. I'm sending you a complimentary copy of The Naked Investor. I'd say you deserve it. PM me with your full name, mailing address, and email, and I'll get it in the mail right after Christmas. Congratulations!.........and Merry Christmas, too!! :)

post-8-1072206993.gif

Hey Granny!

Congrats! on the complimentary copy of the Naked investor, great material in this little wad of ink-on-paper!

I want to say Thanks for the good wishes on this holiday season and I want to say: Merry Christmas and happy new year to you as well!

Michael:

THANK YOU!!!! :;) ::) ::)

OF COURSE I want the course!!!!

I sure didn't expect your gift! WOW!

I didn't see your response 'cause I've been studying the financing and other forums! I saw your email to me yesterday as I left for work, and I responded to the email... Today I got a response that your mail was undeliverable... I think I sent it to the getresponse address. I'm sending a reply again.

You made my day! (In fact, when you look at it: you possibly just made the rest of my life!....Thanks!)

I FLOATED through my shift at work!

In fact when I got there, I overheard someone saying they are probably moving to Hawaii in June and will be selling their house... At the time, I had to go so couldn't break into conversation with an offer to purchase.... (also I was being a coward...ho ho ho ...boy are you right...poa!) But as I worked I realized: I DO know what to say.... I CAN buy her house.... and make money at it! Whether or not she wants l/p! Even without the getting the course yet, thanks to you and the forum, I KNOW HOW!!!! Amazing. Of course, without the contracts and backup, there is probably no way I'd try it....

I'm going to talk to her when I next see her....

Or do you think I should wait for the course to arrive?

She's an army wife... they've spent most of their married life separated due to his postings.... and she's used to it. But she thinks this time she'll go with him even though she doesn't like Hawaii... it's his last posting before retiring, and their son wants to go to University of Hawaii... So in other words, she wasn't sure she's selling but thinks she probably will.

Duh... OF COURSE I should talk to her now....

See? ....The implants are working! ::)

Thanks again! (To ALL of you... you guys are super! :))

Yours,

Alice

Okay; I've emailed my address to you...

What do you mean by "PM me" ? (No need to respond if it means email you)

Now all I need do is learn to work the smilies!

(Thank heaven there are no stupid questions!!!!! ;) )

Thanks,

Alice

Okay; I've emailed my address to you...
Received. Your book is on its way as we speak. If the Post Office doesn't send it via the scenic route through Bangladesh, you should receive it in a few days.
What do you mean by "PM me" ? (No need to respond if it means email you)
PM means Private Message, or Personal Message, depending upon which side of the tracks you're from, I suppose. You'll see a button at the bottom of each post which allows you to PM the poster. Likewise, you can also click the Email button if you want to send, well, an email.
Now all I need do is learn to work the smilies!
You seem to have that mastered already! ;)

As for the coworker with the house to sell, she may very well be a good fit for a lease purchase. You won't know unless you ask, of course. I say feel her out and get a read on her motivation and needs. Then, come back here and update us. We'll guide you to a soft landing.