The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pilot76180

Out of state landlords

Pilot,

I would try out of state management companies. They are easier to find and all lead to the pot of gold.

Also, any place that does cooperative advertising for rentals. There is a place here in MI called "Rental Pros' that will run your ad for free and then charges people to get the list. An associate got that same list of landlords for like $90. There are virtually hundreds on there.

Hope that helps a little

Adam

Pilot, there is a website, Act One Lists that advertises such a service. I am not familiar with them personally, but it may be worth a look. Once on the site, click on List Categories, then Residential Lists, then Out of State Property Owners File.

Pilot,

Another source is the 'Haines Criss+Cross PLUS Real Estate" product. It is a subscription service so you get a monthly CD rom with the latest updates. I think its around $500 or $600 per county per year.

It looks like pretty slick software that lets you easily create mailing lists for mail merges into documents.

The web site can be reached HERE.

Hope this helps.

Mark,

Haines is my next big purchase! I think the product is great.

The pricing you quote seems a bit high. Around here the retail price is $1200/year for 6 counties. I think it is $600/year for 6 counties if purchased thru our local or state REIA. (If your REIA isn't offering you perks like this, why not suggest it to them.) I'm dying to get my hands on this product....no more struggling to comp, generates mailings, contains tax information and mortgage info AND tracks the 'Do not call" flag.

I saw a demonstration at my state convention and I've yet to see anything as comprehensive.

option 8