The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pinkerton

Flyers and Door Hangers

Friends,

After talking to the Queen of Marketing, Option 8, and participating in our phone conference earlier this week (Dine-O-Mite!), I've decided to expand my marketing efforts into flyers and door hangers. :huh:

Now the reason for the post...I'm asking the Naked Investor Community to reveal their favorite--and most effective phrases for flyers and hangers. Hit me with your best shots, and I'll be most grateful. Preferably ones you've tried with success. I'll report on my results as I keep a pretty good journal on my investor activities.

Thanks in advance,

Mike P. B)

The Legal Eagle

pinkerton, pinkerton, pinkerton...

I'm asking the Naked Investor Community to reveal their favorite--and most effective phrases for flyers and hangers.

If I did this, now I'd have to put a call into Vinnie. :huh:

option8

Option8,

Ask MC, Vinnie is VERY loyal to me. :P I found him as a youth roaming the streats of Little Italy in North Denver...homeless and hungry. I fed him some ravoli and let him sleep in the back seat of a 1959 Chevy Bel Air. Since then we've been inseperable.

But I gotta say MC's Big mama sure gave Vinnie a good thrashing...I had to nurse him back to health like Seabiscuit. B) The upside is that he's more loyal than ever.

Anyway hope to connect with you soon... ;)

Mike P. :huh:

The Legal Eagle

p.s. Don't you like "Marketing Queen" better than "Marketing Maven"?

hi all

altho i an still new (1 deal) i got my deal by writing what i do on a sheet of paper cutting the ends at the bottom with my phone number and name on them and pinning them up on the grocery store billboard, Motivated Sellers have to eat and drink right? so why not, besides the way i see it...its free advertising!!....just an idea that i have been using, hope it helps someone!!!!!.

Pinkerton,

We have just launched our largest marketing campaign ever. We used several different techniques and as usual, it's hard to tell which ones worked the best. This was because so many people have different situations. One thing I know for sure, WE BUY HOUSES works like a charm. I have actually added things like "stop foreclosure, bankruptcy, Vinnie etc.. They all work.

Repetition is the ONLY TRUE answer though. When people see your name over and over again, they call.

Hope that helps a little,

Adam

PS The real answer to your question. "Sell your house faster that you could any other way, and for more than you could any other way." That right there is my CA marketing slogan. ;)

Thanks, Adam! I really like the solgan...:D

Mike P. :unsure:

The Legal Eagle

Thanks Mike, I just wished it worked the best. Most people are like....so, this means you buy houses right?

Sheesh..don't reinvent the wheel huh?

LOL

How about "sell or lease/sell" your home?

Mike P. :unsure:

The Legal Eagle

Doug,

Adam, in your conversations with sellers how do you go from "we buy houses" to "I'll LP your house for you?"

Either way, I AM saying I am buying their house. That is all they care about.

I just read a really good post by someone about how they pitch sub tos. I think MC is the same exact way and that's what got me on it. You don't pitch anything. You solve a problem.

If you have NEVER done a deal, you may say something like; I will lease it from you, and then lease it to someone else, how does that sound?

An experienced investor would say; I can help you right now by taking over payments.

The REAL issue is what's a motivated seller. I crack up when I see people with no special negotiating skills take houses and then put out courses. (I still respect them though) I used to think that there was something I was missing with their presentations that I wasn't doing. Now I know there isn't. The only thing they say that gets them the deal is what the ad said in the first place. WE BUY HOUSES!

I do however LOVE MC's approach about the LPA. I think that at the very least getting that to FSBOs is an untapped market. He's got a great point about not waiting around for the phone to ring.

As for saying: We can lease or buy your house, it's just fine. You accomplished the entire gambit of solutions in one sentence.

VERY important note: If you think you have to know it all before you get in front of a seller, you will most likely OVER SELL and lose the deal by saying too much. Trust me on this one!!!

Just my two cents,

Adam

Adam, so it's basically like this:

Seller: Hi, I'm calling about your ad. What's your program?

You: We buy and lease houses. What do you need?

Seller: I'm moving to my new house next week and I can't afford two payments, can you help me?

You: I sure can. What's your email/fax? I'm sending you the paperwork, once you sign and fax it back you can get on with your move. I'll handle everything.

They don't really want to know the details do they? They just want you to make their owwie go away :unsure:

Doug,

Whooboy. lol

I wish it were that easy but, as I'm sure you know it's not.

Either way, you're darn skippy close. People don't want to know what you do they want to TRUST you! That's it. That's why we can do deals and not totally know the process of selling. I'm not sure how many people know this, but I did my first 6 deals knowing just about ZERO with that form of investing. (Sub to) I had people behind me to do the paperwork, but the plain fact is that "I" negotiated the deal. So if you can listen and find their true motivation, then you can make an offer based on that. If they start talking about wanting $5K to walk, you simply come back with; I thought you wanted to stop making payments?

Regards,

Adam

PS

They don't really want to know the details do they? They just want you to make their owwie go away 

LMAO

It's the same reason most people use realtors, accountants, lawyers, even house cleaners. Sure they could do it themselves, but they either feel their knowledge is inadequate, or they don't have the time.

How many people question these professionals about how they do the work? How many want to know the ins and outs of real estate, taxes or law?

So the real question is: What makes them TRUST those professionals? I'm sure the credentials behind their names don't hurt. Word of mouth referrals are good too. But doesn't it all pretty much boil down to how they're treated when they call or walk in the door?

So the real question is: What makes them TRUST those professionals? I'm sure the credentials behind their names don't hurt. Word of mouth referrals are good too. But doesn't it all pretty much boil down to how they're treated when they call or walk in the door?
Indeed, "customer service" is what gets me more deals than anything else, I'm convinced. I'm not the high pressure salesman type. I take a very laid back approach, move slow when explaining things, make sure I'm being understood, and I'm quick to return phone calls, faxes, and emails. I want the homeowner to know that I'm working for them, that we're not in competition. Not only will building trust get you the deal, it will also get you additional deals from referrals.