The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
elisa

AD Not Allowed!!

Here is one that I have never seen or heard before!!

I called a daily newspaper, a fairly small town paper, and began placing the standard We Buy Houses Ad...and get this......the gal told me that they cannot run the ad ......I of course asked why...she said they had other similar ads and they turned out to be scams and now it is the policy not to run any more ads like this...

I currently have an Owner Will finance ad running in the same paper.....I told her this and she said well we will need more info on your company and if we can run it ......I will call you back but I doubt it will run...

I got a little miffed, told her that talking to a supervisor would be a good idea, she put me on hold and came back and said the super said no deal.

WHAT just happened here....am I missing something???

Any ideas or advice?

elisa

www.realestateforeverybody.com

I'm actually surprised more papers haven't done something like that with all the scammers out there. My advice is to run a low-key ad. If you want LPs, try Michael's "nice family looking for home to lease with option to buy" ad.

If you want everyone and their cousin to call, run an ad something like: "Sell your house for cash now, no commissions."

If they won't even run that, you can also try: "Wanted to buy, 3 or 4 bedroom house, any location or condition considered."

I agree with doug try what he recommended it sounds like a more personal approach not an investor...

Elisa, I have heard once or twice previously about newspapers that will not run "investor" type ads because of their editorial policy. I think the alternative is to take the approach Doug and Tony suggested.

Elisa,

I have had problems too with the local newspaper. From what they told me, this is what I've learned:

1) You must have an actual property address.

2) They asked me if there was a realtor involved and if there is, the realtor must place the ad

3) I've tried to leave out the sales price too in order to maximize the amount of calls and I've hassled with them on a few occaisions.

THere shouldnt be a limit as to how many ads like yours are in the newspaper. Personally, I dont see what their big hang-up is if they are getting paid for the ad and it's within their rules and regulations.

You might want to try calling on a different day and see if you can get another person who is more cooperative. This has worked for me.

Andrew

this goes back to something option8 posted but they may get paid a commission for the add too. So, always talk to the same person and they may cut you some slack eventually

My ad says:

We Buy Homes Above Market Price!!!

250-9553