The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

Your Elevator Pitch

I received an email that prompted me to post this message...

Do you have an Elevator Pitch?

I'm sure many of you will ask "What is an Elevator Pitch?"

This is your Unique Business Proposition stated simply and clearly in a short amount of time.

If you entered an elevator and encountered the most influential person in your market...this is the person you really wanted to get to because they were liquidating 1000 properties OR they have deep pockets OR they had the phone number of every motivated seller in your farm area... Can you state what you do in a clear and concise manner and convey your message in the time it takes to ride up to the 10th floor?

Can you state it in 2 sentences? (okay, maybe 3!)

Can you state it with enough information and enthusiasm to get the listener to say "What a great business!" and immediately think of 2 people who need your services?

What do you say when asked "What is it you do?"?

just getting us thinking...

option8

Good one. I'm just working on this! Today's version:

"I do lease purchase options with residential real estate -- who do you know with either a property for sale or who's looking to buy a home?"

This generally needs more explanation (not everyone is clear on what lease purchase options are, or what flavor I do):

"Basically, I take over someones house payments for a period of time and then cash them out of the property for full market value. There are no real estate commissions to pay so they walk away pretty happy. Who do you know with a property to sell?"

I am in the process of burning these into my brain. :)

Dan

I'm a real estate consultant and I make people money. (With confidence NOT attitude) I swear I use that one all the time and it helps me stand out. (And you know I'm not lying) :)

You have to think here too, if they start asking you to be more specific, I simply move it back over to them so they do all of the talking. It never fails.

If it's the seller: I'm a real estate consultant and I use creative methods to produce win/win transactions. Want a referral?

You knew I had to answer this one...

Adam

My companies name is 'Triad Management & Realty,LLC' when I hand out a business card, I most often get ask:

"Oh do you manage properties?"

My response is: "Yes, We manage real estate solutions for people by leasing, managing, buying, and selling residential properties." It's on the back of all my business cards.

I called it a mission statement, but I guess it could be considered an Elevator Pitch as well.

<S>

I say, " We specialize in selling homes by Rent To Own." Remember to always use "Rent to Own" because more people understand that term than they do "Lease Purchase"

Pete

Elevator pitch, never heard of the term before...anyway..

Stranger: Hi , im Mr Blogs, I am an untertaker, what do you do for a living?

Moi: Nice to meet you Mr Blogs, we are a prop. man. service,we pay people's home loan repayments and maintenance costs for them!

Mr Blogs: :) Why would you do that?

Moi: Because people sometimes want to sell their home, but cant get a good price, we can take this burden from them whilst they purse other things, or buy the house ourselves for the price they want. Here is our card! ;)

Now THATS an interesting idea! What you say is true...if we can't easily say what we do how can we expect our customers to grasp it?

Another excellent idea option8. Thanks!

Gary

PS Are you still happy with the results of your web site - is it still producing quality leads for you?

Gary (MO)

EXACTLY!!!

Are you still happy with the results of your web site - is it still producing quality leads for you?

We are still thrilled to pieces....I think this week we had 2 more this week, 5 total last month---these are seller leads

option8

well done option8, I like your 'motivationals'..keeps us all focused

...that and the kids saying " I need a new", and "next time your at the store can you......?" :) cute....scarey, but cute.

*Just made our offer of $ 114K + relocation money to a couple in preforeclosure.

We find out tomorrow morning!

Us ;):)

When somebody asks you "What do you do?" the immediate response is just like everybody has stated so far above.

Ideally, you need to throw back at the person a situation that YOU easily correct in your business. Start off by saying "Do you know when (or how)......"

Example, "Do you know when somebody is trying to sell their home and they encounter all these fees like Realtor commissions and closing costs and up to 6 months holding time on the property and how all that really eats into their profits? What I do is take the home off their hands NOW for MARKET VALUE or ABOVE which puts all that money back into their pocket so they can move on with their lives quickly."

THAT'S an elevator speech.

State the problem that anybody can relate to and then your solution.

Challenge, Feature and Benefit in 20 seconds.

If somebody said the above to you when you asked them what they do, wouldn't you want to ask more and find out how?

I like that. That's pretty sweet. Plus when you throw a question back at them, it makes them have to think a little so I can see where they'd remember you when the situation you described came up. "You're selling your house? I talked to this guy the other day (in an elevator, at the urinal, etc) that buys houses now for full price. Here's his card."

LET'S GO STEELERS!

Brian,

I'll take the PATRIOTS by 7.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm here to learn about lease purchasing and other topics related to REI. I have absolutely no reason to use multiple (expletive deleted) 4-letter words right now whatsoever. Nope. None. (*sigh*) Woosaaaaa.........Wooosaaaaaaaaa........Who are the Eagles playing in the Super Bowl anyways? :lol::D:D

LET'S GO TIMBERWOLVES! LET'S GO TIMBERWOLVES! (I like the Kings too.)

By the way,

Stranger: Hi , im Mr Blogs, I am an untertaker, what do you do for a living?

Can you think of a better source for leads than this guy.....??!

He's an undertaker ! The guy's going to come up with a ton of houses for you every week.

Wow !