The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
puls1234

Expired listings

I just got a list of expired listings from my realtor. I am thinking of sending each one a Lease Purchase Advantage Letter.... What does everyone think of that marketing method? I'm trying to find homes for cooperative assignment.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Expired listings take a lot of work. There is some reason the property did not sell ... and that usually relates to a value/price ratio. Typically today, the seller owes too much to sell the house at any amount of discount ... or even at market value.

This is part of an email the Merle Woolley sent to me. Merle has been investing for over 18 years in Springfield, MO (not too far from where I live).

Hope this helps.

Gary

Gary, if that's the case (that those expired listings can barely get out of their houses with their skin intact) then CAs should be perfect for them. A CA gives them the opportunity to move on without taking a hit, being foreclosed, or having to stay because they can't sell conventionally. And those are exactly the benefits I would promote in any marketing to them.

Gary, if that's the case (that those expired listings can barely get out of their houses with their skin intact) then CAs should be perfect for them. A CA gives them the opportunity to move on without taking a hit, being foreclosed, or having to stay because they can't sell conventionally. And those are exactly the benefits I would promote in any marketing to them.

Nanook of the North beat me to the punch. Doug is precisely right. A CA for a homeowner in that predicament is their best, and maybe only, choice.

I just got a list of expired listings from my realtor. I am thinking of sending each one a Lease Purchase Advantage Letter.... What does everyone think of that marketing method? I'm trying to find homes for cooperative assignment.
And, Pete, to answer your question......Sure! Why not? It's all about getting your name and number and what you do out into the community. However you do it is better than not trying. This weeks marketing campaign may be a bust. Next weeks may make you the greatest thing since canned beer. Just keep trying, keep track of the results, and share it all here.