The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
nck-mail

Call Last Night = Big Difference!

Boy am I glad I made that call. I've only gotten through 10 of the 30 or so people I'll be calling tonight and using different verbiage learned last night on the call I've already had two people ask for more info and follow up. These are new on the market houses, the people said they've had multiple offers but are still interested in what I have to offer. They even gave me their e-mail addresses!!

Here's another idea I want to pass by y'all: Since I'm in a strong seller's market I'm looking for a way to get people (sellers) to contact me, especially when they don't have to. While on the call last night I put together the following ad:

Attn: Homeowners! Get 5-10% MORE than you're asking & Save commissions & closing costs when selling your home - We have unique programs with Pre-Qualified and Pre-Approved Buyers Waiting for Your home. Call xxx-xxxx

I thought of "Attn: Homesellers" and "Don't Go FSBO Alone!" for headlines. I'm not sure people even know what "FSBO" is so I'm not sure that would work too well. FYI, in my research, I've learned that most homeowners are *asking* for less than comps, so even if I do a pure option I can still create a spread for me :lol:

I'm not sure where I'd put this ad - classifieds, yes, but where in the classifieds? Just in "Real Estate for Sale"? I don't have much of a budget to work with right now so I'm not sure it's realistic for me to even consider at this point. That's one of the major benefits of dialing for dollars - it's free!

-Naomi

Naomi, good to see you're having fun and sparking some interest with your calls.

With ads you need to keep it simple and to the point. I agree that putting "FSBO" in the ad isn't a good idea. You also don't need to put "pre-qualifed" and "pre-approved" in the same ad.

An ad that generated tons of calls for me is:

Sell your house FAST! No commissions.

Another one you could try is something like:

Selling your house? Get top dollar with ZERO commissions. Ask Naomi how!

Or old faithful:

We buy houses. Any area, price, condition. No commissions.

Or totally unassuming and low-key, this one worked for Merle Woolley for 15 years running!

Wanted: Nice 3 bedroom house to $100,000. Call Merle.

Regardless of the ad you use, the best place to put it is the frontpage if the paper, if you can afford it. Next best place is usually the "Property Wanted" section. Dead last in my experience is the For Sale section, that generated either 0 or nearly 0 calls for me everytime I tried it.

Boy am I glad I made that call. I've only gotten through 10 of the 30 or so people I'll be calling tonight and using different verbiage learned last night on the call I've already had two people ask for more info and follow up. These are new on the market houses, the people said they've had multiple offers but are still interested in what I have to offer. They even gave me their e-mail addresses!!
You'll never hear me say "I told you so". So, let's pretend for a moment I am my mother in law. Puts down cheesecake....cracks open another bottle of beer....and shouts, "I told you so!" All the while muttering incoherently under her breath about her lousy son in law......but, I digress.......
Here's another idea I want to pass by y'all: Since I'm in a strong seller's market I'm looking for a way to get people (sellers) to contact me, especially when they don't have to. While on the call last night I put together the following ad:

Attn: Homeowners! Get 5-10% MORE than you're asking & Save commissions & closing costs when selling your home - We have unique programs with Pre-Qualified and Pre-Approved Buyers Waiting for Your home. Call xxx-xxxx

Love it, Naomi! That ought to get the phone ringing from curious homeowners. Put that great idea into action!
I'm not sure where I'd put this ad - classifieds, yes, but where in the classifieds? Just in "Real Estate for Sale"? I don't have much of a budget to work with right now so I'm not sure it's realistic for me to even consider at this point.
Read through your newpaper's Classified Ads section, and see what categories are offered, and where other, similar type ads are running. Properties Wanted, or something similar comes to mind right away. See what the other guys are doing, and you'll knock 'em out of the box. Because they are probably all looking to buy at a 35% discount. And here's this crazy woman offering more than the homeowner is asking??!! You'll wow 'em!

And don't limit your sights for that slogan to newspaper advertising. What about saying the same thing, but on flyers, bandit signs, business cards, and billboards?

That's one of the major benefits of dialing for dollars - it's free!
Exactly!

how about

I buy House

*ABOVE MARKET PRICES*

1-234-567-8901