The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
puls1234

Closed a cooperative assignment today

Today I put a tentant buyer into a home on cooperative assignment. I collect $7,000 option money and away I went smiling ear to ear!!!! We are having way too much fun!!!

Pete

Pete,

You are killing it dude!!!!!!! Way to go!

Wow Pete - that's GREAT! Was this a result of your billboard?

How do you market for T/Bs that brings them in? I'm having difficulty finding someone with $2,500. let alone $7K! I'm thinking it's related to the price of the house - like MC says, "ugly houses attract ugly tenants". What was the sale price of your house?

Congrats again!

Gary

The sale price was $170k. Yes, this was a home that saw my billboard. So just this one deal pays for my billboard for 2 years! I found the tenant buyer through my classified ad and through my sign in the front yard.

Pete

Congrats again Pete!

Just wondering....why was the seller(s) wanting/needing to sell?

-and-

Are you getting to keep the entire $7k?

Did the sellers ask for any of it...or do they even know how much ya got?

Thanks

Jason,

The sellers father has Lou Gherig's disease and she and her husband wanted to move south to take care of him. Yes I kept the entire $7,000. They never asked me about it. All they know is that they will net above market price!!!

Pete

It took 14 days.....

Pete

Man Pete! That's pretty good - what do you think is the secret of your success with that? Perhaps that's normal? Your marketing on the sell side is simply a yard sign and newspaper ads - right?

Gary

Yes, just a sign in the yard and a classified ad. Keeping it simple is the key.

Pete