The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mr2monster

A quick tip to make a seller your friend

We use this at my company as a part of sales training (I market for a Title Agency) and i thought it would probably help out some people here as well....

When you finally get into that appointment that you've worked so hard for you dont want to seem like a dead fish. Most of the experienced investors will have a variation of this but i find that FORM works great for me.

This could be used while you are walking around the house taking a look to see if you would even want to invest.

FORM stands for:

Family & Friends

Occupation

Recreation

Basically put:

As you are walking around, find a picture and ask about family, see how much you have in common and when you feel like that is going nowhere fast drop on down to Occupation. Maybe your seller has the same job you used to have before this... Still a no-go, talk about what they like to do, recreation, if you dont like anything that they like.... FAKE IT!

Once you've built some bridges with the seller and they are comfortable talking about business you can move onto M, Message.

Ask them where they are comfortable sitting to talk with you about your offer that way they are at ease and more open to what you have to say.

Just an idea

That is terrific. I like the way it is laid out. Simplicity is great!

Pete

Thanks for sharing that. A tried and true technique, and it's good to be reminded every so often. A homeowner needs to not only trust you, but feel like you're an equal, also. Making small talk like you described, sharing some possible common interest or experience, helps make us seem more "real". That accomplished, your competition, (the other guy that walked in yesterday and immediately jumped into the numbers), doesn't have a chance. :rolleyes: