The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
puls1234

2 New Homes Signed Up!

I signed up 2 more homes so far this week to do a cooperative assignment and I have 2 more that I am signing up next week. This should be fun.

I still have not moved that $725,000 home and it has been 2.5 months. We will keep plugging. There has to be someone who needs it!

Pete

I'd look for places to list it online, like DuPont Registry.

If you've got enough room in your option, you might want to consider TOP re agents in the area who specialize in that price home.

Kim

Congrats on the new deals, Pete!

Yeah, that $725K property is a tough one to move. I don't know what the median price of a home is in your area, but surely this one is well above it. That being so, you need to remember that the market of potential buyers and tenant/buyers is small. Doesn't mean someone can't be found. But, it will take longer than what you are used to as you work the $150K and $200K properties.

The key, I believe, is targeted marketing. That is, getting the word out to the folks who can afford such a property, as opposed to a more general marketing campaign. Who might be in the market for such a property? Where are they to be found? How to let them know what you have? Those are the keys, I believe.

And what about a billboard for advertising this one home? That's pretty unique and extreme. But, if it works, Pete, you've got a chunk of option consideration in your pocket for a few hundred dollars investment. Just a thought...... :rolleyes:

What kind of marketing are you doing for that $725K house? Are you marketing out of the area? What is your area (where are you)? Offering cheap (inexpensive), but high-perceived-value incentives might help, too. If you're marketing like everybody else markets, then you're gonna get the results that everybody else gets. Do something a little different (or a lot differnt), and you're likely to get different results. And reread Michael's post - targeting for this price is the key, along with being different.

Check out Richard Roop's work and info (www.richardroop.com); he's a REI marketing guru from whom I've gotten a lot of ideas and learned even more. Now I just need to get a little money together to put it all into practice :) !

If you could find people like Successful small business owners, that were in the market you might be able to sell them on it. I would think they would be a great target market, especially if they are doing exceptionally well but cant get a regular loan. (of course, they could be doing well enough to buy cash...)

You could try a mass fax! haha, i hate when we get those...

I still have not moved that $725,000 home and it has been 2.5 months.

I'm still a beginner to all this but out of curiosity how is the deal set up during that time (2.5 months) is your seller still paying the mortgage or are you paying it?

Marvin

Awesome Pete, congrats with the 2 new houses! You just keep on roll'n.

Hey, I have a question for you Pete. When doing long distant CA deals, how do you go about showing it to perspective tenant/buyers?

Thx

<S>

The homeowner pays the mortgage. IF I am doing a long distance deal I just have the homeowner show the house. I get the calls and set it up and the homeowner only shows the house! He leaves it to me to describe the details of the deal!

Pete