The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Our Beloved Board and Forums......

.....are undergoing some changes and upgrades as we speak. So, if you see some different looks and features, don't be alarmed. There may also be some intermittent slow downs or disruptions. Neither of which should last very long.

Then again, the upgrade may be so slick as to not cause any problems whatsoever. In which case I will deny ever having written this post.... ^_^

Congrats Admin,

Love what you've done with your place so far, the "Lo-Fi-Version" function is awesome!! The "Collapse" & "Last Post" functions are cool ^_^

so many new features... and the colors are perfect!

The "Birthday" thing is a great idea, it gives that Personal touch to your members, can't wait to see more of it! ;)

Thanks, Bev. I really am impressed with the work and thought that went into this new version. Lots of way cool features that I'm only now discovering and playing with. Lots of cool functions behind the scenes, too.

Yeah, the Lo-Fi Version is neat. Collapse and Last Post, too. And the birthday and forthcoming events functions are good ideas. In fact, I wonder who's got a birthday coming up soon? Hmmm........ ^_^ Guess we'll have to wait and see if it pops up on screen in the next few weeks or so...

The board also offers a Calendar function for our members, and expanded personal profile functions in My Controls.

Cool stuff, indeed!

Oh, yeah, and I'll be getting the custom skin back on the board in a day or two so it matches the overall look of the site. And I have someone working on some Holiday skins, as well.

Oh, yeah, and I'll be getting the custom skin back on the board in a day or two so it matches the overall look of the site. And I have someone working on some Holiday skins, as well.

Holiday skins are an excellent idea..

I was just wondering if you are going to use some type of "visual" attraction to both your "Forthcoming Calendar Events" & "Today's Post" sections to attract reader's attention specially for the Forthcoming Calendar Events section? (color font, bold, shade etc) this way it'll be the first thing we see when we enter the board, sortta like heads up ;)

If not then that's cool too ^_^

we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!!

we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!! we want spell check!!

i think i may have claused sum sort or spell cheque ryot

:P Time to call in the reinforcements! The locals are rebelling! I hadn't realized that the Spell Check feature was such a big deal. Especially since, if you read most posts, you'd realize nobody is checking their spelling in the first place. ;)

Anyway, to bring you desperados up to date, with the upgrade to the software that runs the board, the old Spell Checker was removed. (I never much liked it anyway.) I'm told a newer, better version is in the works as I write this. When it will be released isn't being said. However, when it is released it will be promptly installed here for all you childhood spelling bee also-rans.

post-1-1097759096.jpg

Spell Check Addicts:

Step 1) Write your post in word

Step 2) Spell check your post in word

Step 3) Copy Text

Step 4) Paste Text

Step 5 through 10) Repeat, I am a spell check abuser. This is something I can overcome. MC is not my problem. I am responsible for my own actions.

;):P:(:o

MC is not my problem. I am responsible for my own actions.
Hi. My name is Michael C. I am a Spell Check addict. This is my first meeting with Spell Checkers Anonymous.... ;)

Spell Check Addicts:

Step 1) Write your post in word

Step 2) Spell check your post in word

Step 3) Copy Text

Step 4) Paste Text

Step 5 through 10) Repeat, I am a spell check abuser. This is something I can overcome. MC is not my problem. I am responsible for my own actions.

Ahh, but when you have no word because your using your backup computer. Which has a 4.8 gig HD (that will not hold office) that you salvaged from your pentium 233 to put in your 1800. You did this because you are broke because you bought a 2600. So, you thought you would never have to use the back up but, then you realize the error in your logic. With 2 teenage boys using the internet you never know what you can catch.

But, for those without word you can use outlook :huh:

Especially since, if you read most posts, you'd realize nobody is checking their spelling in the first place.

hmmm....makes you wonder if it was the spell check

A word about spell checkers...

As far as spell check is concerned, there's one problem with spell checking that can't be corrected, and that is that spell check features, no matter how fancy, only check words, not CONTEXT (the above cartoon illustrates this quite well). I keep seeing HOMONYMS being used in place of correct words here on this board. I also see apostrophes used when they shouldn't be because the word is a PLURAL, not a possessive (which is when apostrophes are used). For example, spell checkers don't know the difference between "their" (a possessive, as in "their car," "there" (a reference to location, as in "I'm going there tomorrow") and "they're" (a contraction of "they are"). It's THEREfore, not "theirfore," or "they'refore" up to the author to know the difference, if you'll pardon the pun.

End of English lesson. (Insert bell ring here.) Class dismissed. <_<

Rick,,

could, you repeat that, I doz'd off after: "A word about spell checkers..." -_- -_- <_<:)