The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

You're Not Thinking of Quitting, Are You??

I hear you guys. Education is SO expensive, and I am already 15 grand in debt, and not even half way through. (At least to do what I want to do I am not.) I do feel that I will still complete two degrees, but I also feel that I need to try this business full time, with no other distractions. As it is, I am distracted enough with the babies. So, I still haven't decided for sure whether or not I am going to skip summer school, but I just may do it. The only dilemma I am facing is that I am worried I won't find a deal, or if I do, they will be scarce. But, I hope I am wrong, I mean, maybe it's like the calls. They are difficult at first, but now it is no big deal. Maybe once I get one deal done, the rest will follow more quickly because I will have experience and know exactly what to say and do in order to get them and secure them. I certainly hope this isn't the kind of business where success isn't guaranteed even with 110% effort and skill. Michael mentioned once that luck plays no role in success here, only hard work and dedication. I have both down pat. So, I can only keep telling myself with confidence that this business cannot fail. And if that is true, I probably don't NEED school so bad right now. I can then pay my own way through, instead of getting to 50 grand in student loan debt. But, we'll see. I won't give up, and I am lucky to have found such a grand support group and online community here. Have a great weekend everyone.

Samantha