The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sold !

Signatures

JC,

You're very welcome, and like the Admin said.. " don't feel down " I know that the hardest part about anything in life is not money, time, knowledge etc.. is determination to make it work first and once u have that the rest wll follow :blink:

In my area the rent amount is very low but the houses are very expensive therefore, the right TB's as of yet have not even questioned me about putting their 1st, last and deposit (and most certainly not the option amount) if anything it comes from them first when they ask me about.... " So is 1st, last and deposit right?", I say yes! The only thing they have problems most of the times is with the "price" of home at time of purchase (they won't qualify for that amount in 1 yr or 2) which explains why I do the extra effort to find those TB's that would qulify for in 1 or 2 yrs to pruchase the house :)

Keep us posted JC

So basically, all of the contracts provided with Michael's course that have an area for a notary to sign need to be noterized, right? :angry: When a document needs to be noterized, do both parties need to be present along with the notary or can one party sign and the other take it to a notary? I assume (by reading the contacts) that both parties would need to be present, but what happens if both parties can't be present, as in the case of an absentee owner? Thanks for the patience!

-Newfish-

Basically, a notary is swearing to the fact that the people who signed that doc are who they say they are. An absentee owner would use a notary where they are currently.

Some will advocate that there is a way around that, by copying the other persons drivers license and changing, but most places you can find a notary until at least 8-9 at night.

[- I immediately prepare my " What You See, Is What You Get " form offer  for the CA (my own personal rough draft offer) with all the numbers in their favor, specially taking care their negatives and adding cash flow to their pockets (which seems to be the reason for all my referrals as of late)

- I call them back right away and go over the numbers of my CA offer with them over the phone first, they like what they hear. I tell them I'll be emailing them the " What You See, Is What You Get " form offer immediately for their viewing (I always email this first) and that I will be stopping by their house in an hour to sign the agreements. (they agree)

- I drive to their place with all agreements ready to be signed, I ring the door bell, door opens, got my agreements on hand and point to where they need to sign and they sign... That's it!

So there was a lil more to my previous statement above than just pointing and signing :angry:

Bev, I like your system. It gives them little time for to much thinking.

So basically, all of the contracts provided with Michael's course that have an area for a notary to sign need to be noterized, right? :lol: When a document needs to be noterized, do both parties need to be present along with the notary or can one party sign and the other take it to a notary? I assume (by reading the contacts) that both parties would need to be present, but what happens if both parties can't be present, as in the case of an absentee owner? Thanks for the patience!

-Newfish-

Brian, the only docs that require notarization are the ones that will be recorded with the County: Memo of Option or an Affidavit of Equitable Interest, for example.

That makes sense. When filling out the LO paperwork with a homeowner, do you have them sign the necessary contracts then, and then take them to a notary to sign the Memo of Option? Thanks Michael!

Brian

Brian,

When doing a CA, a Mem. of Agreem. is not necessary. If your doing a deal that will keep you "in" the property such as a Sandwich Lease, one should be filed. The Notory must be present at the time of signing, I've found the best way is to hire one that can meet you at the house, or wherever the signing takes place, the fee is minimal and they usually show up on time.

Also, chances are good that the company you work for has a notary in the office somewhere. Most every company has a secretary or somebody in the building who is a notary. It saves them a lot of time. And some companies even pay for one of their staff to become a notary for the convenience of having somebody close at hand to be able to notarize documents.

Ask around the office if you are emplyed with a company somewhere.

Cheers.

That makes sense. When filling out the LO paperwork with a homeowner, do you have them sign the necessary contracts then, and then take them to a notary to sign the Memo of Option? Thanks Michael!

Brian

That's exactly what I do. First, get the paperwork signed to secure the deal. Then, if it's a sandwich or any kind of deal where I need protection, a Memo will be recorded. Notaries are a dime a dozen. As has already been said, banks, credit unions, just about anywhere you can find a notary. Heck, I was a notary when I lived in NM. :lol: