The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

New Laws Pertaining To Flipping

I was talking with another real estate investor the other day and he made reference about the laws being changed regarding FLIPPING HOMES effective January 1st. He wasn't detailed as to what changes are forth comming.

Has anyone heard of this from other sources?

Craig,

There is no federal "law" regarding flipping. Flipping is legal. There is a HUD Regulation that requires title seasoning for FHA insured loans. Other lenders have also modified their underwriting guidelines to incorporate title seasoning requirements into their lending practices.

The HUD regulation has been out for a couple of years now, and the latest change only clarifies that the title seasoning requirement does not apply to a seller of recently inherited property, nor to federal agencies or lenders selling property taken in foreclosure.

Otherwise, all the previous requirements are unchanged.

It doesn't take effect till Jan 23, evan still dave t is right. It wasn't new just fixed some opppses....

If you are going to flip than just tell the buyers they need conventional financeing, I did and only owned it 59 days.

Adam,

come on your telling me you wouldn't flip a house..... I mean a legal flip, I did one in june made 20k. I am looking at one closing Friday for 43k.

Tony,

Sorry dude, I should have been more specific. I have and will always flip properties. What I meant was that these laws were developed to stop crooks. And unless we feel like we're in that category, we have no problem.

And by the way, $43K!?!?!?!?! SWEET!!!!

Cool stuff,

Adam

I am looking at one closing Friday for 43k.

Awesome Tony!!

I say we celebrate your victory on this deal at the bar and PIN this deal under the "Deal Of The Month" section ;)

Sounds like a plan to me! All those in favor say AYE!! :wacko:

CYA at the Naked Bar, Gang!

State Laws >>> Check State Laws

Here in IA the state law says blah blah till this sentance.... your allowed to FLIP upto and only 5 homes, properties etc after that you need a RS Broker Lic.

but after the 5th you have enough capital to buy in a LLC, and sell up to 5 more, then form another LLC and so on.

there are ways around everything

but after the 5th you have enough capital to buy in a LLC, and sell up to 5 more, then form another LLC and so on.

there are ways around everything

Ahh.......tricky American. Nicely done! :rolleyes: