The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

Free Furnitures?

I have this brand new house that I just put under contract from the out of state owner (NY) reason he wanted me to handle this property was because he originally was gonna just rented and wait a yr to sell it, but it turns out that the people moving in did not finish moving in all the way due to personal problems and decided not to move at all (they split).

The tenant and I have been communicating by phone (the house is 5 blocks from mine) and he gave me the keys to the house but he tells me that he's not interested in taking his belongings in the house with him and said that I can do anything I want with it.... Yes, most of it is in excellent condition but I'm wondering if is legal for me to just help myself with the stuff.

The property management will take care the cleaning part but my concern is if I was to take something from there, would I be in trouble? (the laptop is hot and the computer is a beauty).. the house is full of excellent stuff. :glare:

The owner did say it was up to me if I wanted to deal with the tenant on that matter, so...... should I, or "can't touch this?" <_<

The owner did say it was up to me if I wanted to deal with the tenant on that matter, so...... should I, or "can't touch this?" <_<

I work in Ia and Ne and the LTA here says that notice must be sent to departing occupents and owner can move personal items and place in storage .. departing occupents must pay the storage fee to retrieve items .. bottom line here is after notice time then its open to despose of

Bev, to play it safe you'll need to find out California law pertaining to abandoned property. Follow the rules, and avoid problems down the road.

I'm just thinking about this property (out of state owner) :rolleyes:

The property is already in move in condition, but the problem is that the entire month of March - April has already been pre paid by the ex-tenants that never finished moving in.. I am now getting swamped with very interested T/B's towards this beauty home and I know this house will fill in very soon.

What would happen then if I do get a T/B to move in on March if that month has been pre paid ? (and April too)

Is it like, " lucky owner " or what? B)