The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

Q & A For The Admin

Dear Admin (and fellow ones),

As I have stated earlier in other threads, I am a full believer in Q&A and because of it I have put together a little list of questions for you Admin.

Q) From your personal point of view, what is the most common thing you've been reading / hearing on this board from most of our posts that's possibly preventing us from getting our REI biz started and / or succeeding with it?

Q) Again, from all of our posts, what do you think the majority of us need to improve on OR stop doing to succeed in REI?

Q) What do you think is the weakest link most of us have on this board when it comes to getting started or succeeding in REI?

Q) What do you think is the strongest link most of us have on this board?

Q) From your experience in REI, what do you think is the diffrence between those who succeed in REI and those who don't?

Q) In your own words, what do you think it takes to succeed in REI (or any other biz for that matter)?

Q) If you could go back in time and change any of your past REI mistakes, which one will it be and why?

Q) Which of your past REI deals have you learned the most from?

Q) Does Kim really have an RV? :lol:

Q) Admin, are we still on for our yearly Caribbean Cruise? :lol:

C'MON LIVE A LITTLE :lol:

Awaiting..........

Bev, nothing fancy, it lookslike this!  :lol:

He sure is one worth riding of a toy, big guy and so full of power, my kinda ride :lol:

Where are my vacation suggestions??? 

Depends on what kinda mood you're in mi amiga, I mean, I personally no like camping nor none of dat stuff unless I stay on a fanzy hotel :lol: ... so how bout "Disney Land"????? Or Universal Studios???? IMA all for that.. matter of fact I may make plans on going meeeself!

You said you wanted me to ask a question, so...where's the answer???
Muchachita, I was refering to REI questions but tha one u asked is more fun!!! Kim if u ever do come this way, lemme know, we can meet in Disney or Universal Studios.

I'm planning on buying me a brand new BMV convertible in the near future, mi amiga :lol:

(how'da u like them apples?)

He sure is one worth riding of a toy, big guy and so full of power, my kinda ride

I gotta 77 datsun pickup, 4 cylinders (3 of the 4 work), 329,000 miles, hard to crank over on the cold mornings but runs good once it is warmed up. The AC works great as long as you know how to roll down the window with the vise grips.

It is a longer, hotter, sweatier ride, and the shocks are gone so you have to change positions once in awhile but, it will eventually get you there. Slow and steady wins the race

Where are my vacation suggestions??? 

Depends on what kinda mood you're in mi amiga, I mean, I personally no like camping nor none of dat stuff unless I stay on a fanzy hotel :lol: ... so how bout "Disney Land"????? Or Universal Studios???? IMA all for that.. matter of fact I may make plans on going meeeself!

My kind of "camping" is with an RV -- your kitchen goes with you (most importantly the microwave), your bedroom, bathroom, tv (satelite if you prefer), computer, etc. It's your house on wheels! My son wishes we'd actually camp more sometimes, then remembers the X-box wouldn't be camping with him!

Hmmm...Disney or Universal, I'll have to talk to him about that.

You said you wanted me to ask a question, so...where's the answer???
Muchachita, I was refering to REI questions but tha one u asked is more fun!!! Kim if u ever do come this way, lemme know, we can meet in Disney or Universal Studios.

I'm planning on buying me a brand new BMV convertible in the near future, mi amiga :lol:

(how'da u like them apples?)

A few reasons I don't ask a lot of questions...I'm doing consultations for the most part right now along with another business where I get residual income, before I ever ordered the manual I read ALL the back posts and got answers to questions I didn't even know I had :lol: , many years ago I was a licensed Agent so some things I already understood.

I'll let you know when we head your direction and we will sooner or later!

Have you got The Car picked out -- color and all?

Fun thread you started, Beverly dearest. Many of your questions overlap in what you are asking. Let me just say that I believe that what separates those who succeed in this business and those who don't is almost always related to effort. What we get out of any endeavor is proportionate to what we put in. Don't you agree?

More specifically, I see that a common weakness with n00bs is the failure to speak with enough homeowners. We can't get deals if we aren't making offers. And we won't be making offers if we aren't speaking with sellers. And we'll never speak with sellers if we don't pick up the phone and if we don't market to have them pick up the phone. Elementary, my dear Watson...

If you could go back in time and change any of your past REI mistakes, which one will it be and why?
It wasn't a REI mistake, per se. It was a business mistake. I procrastinated for years getting started in real estate. I dawdled, I "studied", I hemmed and hawed, I screwed around, I made excuses. But I didn't get any deals because I wasn't talking to homeowners. Truth be told, fear was the overriding factor at that time.
Which of your past REI deals have you learned the most from?
The ones I have lost the most money on. :lol:
Does Kim really have an RV?
Yes. Yes she does. I've spent a few nights there myself, while camping in the mountains of Oklahoma... :lol:
Admin, are we still on for our yearly Caribbean Cruise?
Of course. The inner tubes are patched and inflated. We depart Havana at midnight...

I gotta 77 datsun pickup, 4 cylinders (3 of the 4 work), 329,000 miles, hard to crank over on the cold mornings but runs good once it is warmed up.  The AC works great as long as you know how to roll down the window with the vise grips.

:lol: I'm an expert at datsun... man, you brought back memories from my school yrs, the late 70's datsun models was before Nissan bought them right? I remember that datsun's engine was manufactured by Nissan always and their chassis was manufactured by GMC hahahah.. I loved the carburators on those OLD datsuns, so easy to rebuild and work on, wow I used to get excellent grades on my car mechanic skills in school with those datsuns I really miss those days :lol: their transmission was awesome too!

It is a longer, hotter, sweatier ride, and the shocks are gone so you have to change positions once in awhile but, it will eventually get you there.  Slow and steady wins the race

It is so totally time for a new car if u ask me, you're way past due :lol:

KIM,

Have you got The Car picked out -- color and all?

So far I know I want 6 speed MANUAL, I honestly don't know how to drive automatic :lol: but I do wanted convertible hard top and BIG, most convertibles are small but I have time to shop around, the color I want would be something femenine not black or blue. I will for sure post a pic of it when I do buy it.. I'm only 2 more deals away from buying it all cash (extra mula.. per my accountant), lately I've heard horror stories about BMW's deffect with their sudden unstopable speed... If I do change my mind about BMW I would go for LEXUS... anyway, Here is a pic of the BMW I got my eye on:lol:

ADMIN!

Of course. The inner tubes are patched and inflated. We depart Havana at midnight...

Thanks for the replies Admin, and please keep me posted when you DO make it safe into the USA, come by CA and pick me up, I'll have your favorite bottle awaiting for you (genie in a bottle that is) :)

I'm an expert at datsun... man, you brought back memories from my school yrs, the late 70's datsun models was before Nissan bought them right? I remember that datsun's engine was manufactured by Nissan always and their chassis was manufactured by GMC hahahah.. I loved the carburators on those OLD datsuns, so easy to rebuild and work on, wow I used to get excellent grades on my car mechanic skills in school with those datsuns I really miss those days  their transmission was awesome too!

Nope just kiddin I do remember the days you were talking about.... I am an old family guy I drive a 95 Nissan Quest (Mini van) she's got 160k and runs like a champ. I keep telling my wifee she has 3-5 yrs left in her, that was almost 4 yrs ago. last deal I closed I upgraded the wifee to a 98 Windstar I got at auction (who cares how much I paid for it she was happy).

Nope just kiddin I do remember the days you were talking about....  I am an old family guy I drive a 95 Nissan Quest (Mini van) she's got 160k and runs like a champ.

95 Nissan is great, I do love those non-american toys any time, I mean, they're so easy to work on, the parts are a li'l expensive and harder to find but they hardly ever give any problems if at all... I currently have a 2002 burgandy eclipse and I have not had any problems at all, only gas problems... :lol:

I upgraded the wifee to a 98 Windstar I got at auction (who cares how much I paid for it she was happy).

Been there, done that too meeeself :lol:

I used to buy school buses and charter buses at auction sales many times, plzzz don't ask why :lol:

Yeah I couldn't find some parts till I told the guy at autozone to try looking under Mercury Villager.....Some dang thing, he found the parts.....

Oh I gotta, Why?

Oh I gotta, Why?

;)

Why?

:lol:

Hey, Biz Is Just My Thing!!!

Plus I like playing and exploring on engines :D

Thats a 2 for 1 fantasy special....lady mechanic and cheer leader

Thats a 2 for 1 fantasy special....lady mechanic and cheer leader

Lady Mech, yes.. but Cheer leader? Do tell me more :D

Tony, I'm yet to see your hummer... I'm trying to learn all about their engines, real military hummers aren't for babies ya know... B)