The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Rich08

Calling FRBO's

I called around 15 frbo's today looking for ca's. I spoke with only 3, 1 already rented, 1 didn't want to sell, 1 I actually went and talked to. The others I left messages, but got no call backs. How specific should I be when leaving a message about a CA. I simply said, Hi, my name is Richard and I saw your ad in the paper for the house for rent, and was wondering if you would be interested in selling it using rent to own. If so please give me a call back at ....". Nary a frigin call back. Too much info or not enough. Any ideas anyone.

But in a way I was just glad to actually meet with the one. More than all my marketing combined has produced in months.

Thanks.

Rich, I'd say your results are pretty much par for the course. Keep in mind that a 15 call sampling is no where near enough to make any valid judgement on the effectiveness of what you are doing. Make more calls, and continue to leave messages on each and every machine. The folks that don't call you back have screened themselves out of the process and have just saved you some time. There will be those who do return your call, though, and you can then pick up the conversation. And don't forget to age those ads. Call back in a month or six weeks. If the property is still on the market, let's just say that time can be a great motivator.

Rich,

When WHEN I leave a message I always just say: Hi, my name is Adam and I'm calling about the house. If it's still available I would like more information.

My number is: 1 800 PAY MEEE :(

If they call back, I then go into the shpeel.

Other than that, I don't leave messages. I never get a call back. Give someone a way out and they'll take it even if they don't want to. I'm sure someone could argue that leaving a message like you did could weed out motivation. I disagree. Get them on the phone, find motivation and GET AN APPOINTMENT!

Regards,

Adam

I'm sure someone could argue that leaving a message like you did could weed out motivation.
I'd like to argue that leaving a message can weed out motivation. :(

I'm sure someone could argue that leaving a message like you did could weed out motivation.

That totally depends on "what" kind of mssg you leave, yes indeed!

But I, without a doubt agree tho, to do whatever it takes to WEED OUT nonmotivated prospects.. PERIOD! :(

I think mine was just vague enough to weed everyone out.
Ha haha :(

Rich, in my opinion IT IS crucial to weed out . .. (if u don't weed out is like trying to convince every woman in the world into marrying you when all u need is the right woman to propose to :( )

Any suggestions on what type of message to leave?

I think your mssg just needs a li'l twist because in my opinion I see that you're using the FSBO's approach to attract FRBO's... even though our purpose for these two types of prospects are the same, our approach should be totally different as they both are two diffrent worlds :P

A FRBO doesn't have selling his house on his mind, and if he gets a phone mssg stating that you're wondering if he's willing to sell his house via rent to own, then all he's thinking is that you're just an agent trying to get his house listed.... so why would he call you back? On the other hand, getting your mssg across fast is good but without dropping the bomb on them so hard. (this is a FRBO remember?)

If I do leave a mssg (which is rare) to a FRBO I say something similar to your mssg like....

" I'm extremely interested in the property u have for rent and willing to pay u higher rent amount in exchange for renting to own your property! " bla bla bla

I'd like to argue that leaving a message can weed out motivation.

I think mine was just vague enough to weed everyone out.

Rich, in my opinion IT IS crucial to weed out . .. (if u don't weed out is like trying to convince every woman in the world into marrying you when all u need is the right woman to propose to

I would just like to say that leaving a message for weed is being very motivated.

;)