The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Bermudabay

Canadians Please Respond!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Just want to know who all the Canadians are on this website. I'm in Toronto and currently have 6 rentals in Canada and 2 in Florida. I look forward to hearing from all of you and learning much more!

Brian

Hi there

I am Albertan. Doug is from Waterloo Ont, Shane is from

Winnipeg Manitoba, and West Coast Girl is from BC and there is also a gentleman named Steve that Doug mentored I think he is from Ontario as well.

Gordon Holtner

Dudes,

I'm half Candadian and just over the border! You should come to my house! Just make sure you're armed like all of the other idiots around here and don't say "a" after asking a question. They'll spot you in a second!

But seriously, I'm not to far from you guys either.. B)

Regards,

Adam

And the market in Michigan is uncannily similiar to Canada: record appreciation, record sales, record foreclosures, mass layoffs... oh hold on, I think I'm mixing the two together, my bad B)

Steve is in Mississauga. And I think RobP has posted here a couple of times, not sure if he's registered. He's in Barrie Ontario.

Hi Guys,

Just want to know who all the Canadians are on this website. I'm in Toronto and currently have 6 rentals in Canada and 2 in Florida. I look forward to hearing from all of you and learning much more!

Brian

Hello,

I am a Canuck in making. I live in the US right now but would be moving to Canada for good sometime early next year. As of now, I havent decided the place. Depends on where I get a daytime job. I am talking to a few people and once things materialize, I would let you know.

- Ardy

Guest Brian-ON
Welcome Brian,

Is this the same Brian from Scarborough that I know, or a different Brian?

Steve

Different guy Steve. But he's a buddy of mine;-)

And with all you Canucks on board, not a one of you has found the time to get the Admin a bottle of Canada's finest?! B)

I'm talking about maple syrup. What were you thinking of?

There are one or two of us scattered out here on the East Coast. My wife and I own one rental, completed our first CA this spring, and I'm hopefully signing our second tonight. Fingers crossed!

I am also Canadian. I own a couple rental houses and a couple apartment blocks here in Regina Saskatchewan. I have done two rent to own deals with buyers and I hope to do many more!

Guest MichaelJS

I'm based in Toronto and am a new reader of this site. I've met Steve at a local real estate investors meeting in Toronto. I've also read many of Doug's posts on REI Depot.

I'm a real estate newbie but hoping to make some fast progress. I'm in the midst of reading books, taking courses, etc. as I zero in on my real estate investing strategy.

It would be great to build up an even larger community of Canadians on this site.

Birdie, since you have experience in both rental properties and the lease purchase strategy, I'd be interested in your thoughts on what you prefer. I'm currently looking at these options for my real estate investing approach. Do you plan on focusing on lease purchasing or will you also be looking to purchase rental properties as a landlord?

Birdie, since you have experience in both rental properties and the lease purchase strategy, I'd be interested in your thoughts on what you prefer. I'm currently looking at these options for my real estate investing approach. Do you plan on focusing on lease purchasing or will you also be looking to purchase rental properties as a landlord?

First of all, Yes Doug, it is me in the digital flesh :D

Please allow me to Clarify. I have never PURCHASED on a lease option. I have only sold on them. Overall I like the idea. As a Landlord, I can certainly tell you the selling this way is a whole lot less work overall.

It takes a little longer to find a qualified tenant buyer, but they also never call you when the toilet is plugged either! I will still own straight rentals, (i.e. the apartment blocks) but I am pretty sure I will not ever do a straight rental with houses again. I like this model of investing way too much!

Hi Darren and fellow Canadians

I'm glad you made it here! I am looking to expand our market for long distance CAs across Canada because our market is so small compared to the American market. I feel that it would be in our best interest if we got together and have the contracts checked from the naked investor and shared the adjustments needed to be made for our provinces. I had mine checked and am willing to share the adjustments to be made in Alberta with anyone of you if you are interested. All you have to do is get them checked by a lawyer, you can use Prepaid legal if you are on a budject. If any of you are interested please Pm me and I will get back to you in about 2 days (I'm having my computer ungraded) with the Alberta changes.

Just to put things in perspective about our market the entire population of Canada is equal to the population currently residing in California. Just aomething to think about.

Gordon Holtner