The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Hangin' Out in the Everglades Yesterday

I've been wanting to take my girls on a day excursion into the Everglades, (it's about the only place left in south Florida where there aren't any malls :closedeyes: ). It was a blast, although the gator sightings were limited because of the cool weather as of late, and an increase in boat traffic due to the holiday, schools being closed, and the snow birds beginning to arrive.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few pics of our outing. . .

Everglades

Gator 1

Gator 2

Is this guy's hand "off"? Or is my imagination getting the better of me? :wacko:

MC,

When we went down to visit my parents, my wife and I took the kids to, what appears to be, the same place you went. It was interesting, and loud.

By the way, your pics look a little grainy...you must've used your Canon :closedeyes::wacko:

Jeff

When we went down to visit my parents, my wife and I took the kids to, what appears to be, the same place you went. It was interesting, and loud.
To the inexperienced eye, Jeff, all the reeds and grasslands in the Everglades can look alike. But to those of us with a nose for how the crow flies, each blade of sawgrass is unique and distinct, every alligator an individual. So the likelihood of you being in the same place is remote, my WhiteMan friend. :lol:* And, yeah, those airboats are an earful! The rig I was on had dual V8's pulled out of an old Cadillac, if the Captain is to be believed.
By the way, your pics look a little grainy...you must've used your Canon :closedeyes::wacko:
So says the Nikon buff. . .actually, when I blew up a few on my PC screen, I was impressed with the clarity. Could be something got lost in the process of uploading and compressing them to Photobucket.

*I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. The author is full of crap. ;)

MC--

No, it's not you--that dude's hand is def. off.... :closedeyes:

To the inexperienced eye, Jeff, all the reeds and grasslands in the Everglades can look alike. But to those of us with a nose for how the crow flies, each blade of sawgrass is unique and distinct, every alligator an individual. So the likelihood of you being in the same place is remote, my WhiteMan friend. * And, yeah, those airboats are an earful! The rig I was on had dual V8's pulled out of an old Cadillac, if the Captain is to be believed.

I agree the likelihood is remote, but in the picture of the one-handed man, the setup behind him looks just like the place we were at. Were there peacocks all over the place where you went, and to get to the one-man hand alligator show, did you have to go down rock steps?

So says the Nikon buff. . .actually, when I blew up a few on my PC screen, I was impressed with the clarity. Could be something got lost in the process of uploading and compressing them to Photobucket.

The pics look good, I'm just bustin' your chops...

Jeff

I agree the likelihood is remote, but in the picture of the one-handed man, the setup behind him looks just like the place we were at. Were there peacocks all over the place where you went, and to get to the one-man hand alligator show, did you have to go down rock steps?
The rock steps sounds about right, but there were no peacocks to be found. Maybe them gators took care of business?

The place is called Everglades Holiday Park, and it sits on the eastern edge of the Everglades.

Think I will stay on the Slopes and in the Kayak...Nice PICS MC
Probably not a bad idea, Craig. I've yet to meet an alligator that can ski.