The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums

One of the changes I've decided to make this year is to try to get a better handle on how I schedule my real estate business. Instead of being available at all hours and meeting sellers and buyers whenever they feel like it, I want to schedule them into timeslots specifically chosen (by me) for "seller time" and "buyer time". That way I can put all my seller appointments together one right after the other on say a Monday afternoon/evening, etc.

So I'm curious what everyone's scheduling system is. I know many of you are working full or part time as well as doing real estate, and that's possibly the group I want to hear from most since you don't have the luxury of being available whenever and wherever.

post-85-1175044635.jpg This during the week....

post-85-1175044844.jpgAnd this on the weekend...

As a part timer, right now I am receiving 30+ calls per day just from tenant/buyers not to mention speaking to sellers and coordinating showings etc etc etc.

Busy time of the year for sure. Anymore I show a specific property 1 to 2 nights per week as an open house by appointment only. And another property 1 or 2 nights a week the same way. I just have everybody come over at the same time. This usually is the case when I just start marketing a property to try and get an idea of the response. Then to weed out the "Looky Loos," those just curious, I now post a flyer on the front door or window explaining the property and Rent-To-Own.

The better half (my wife) is now showing and selling to potential tenant/buyers so that has been a big help. I just hate returning calls the next day but what can you do? Nice problem to have. Now when that good tentant/buyer with a pocket full of $$ or that extra nice property shows up as a potential deal everything is thrown off. :P

Doug not sure how to handle it. I know I can only do 4 to 5 properties at a time being a part timer.

One of the changes I've decided to make this year is to try to get a better handle on how I schedule my real estate business. Instead of being available at all hours and meeting sellers and buyers whenever they feel like it, I want to schedule them into timeslots specifically chosen (by me) for "seller time" and "buyer time". That way I can put all my seller appointments together one right after the other on say a Monday afternoon/evening, etc.

So I'm curious what everyone's scheduling system is. I know many of you are working full or part time as well as doing real estate, and that's possibly the group I want to hear from most since you don't have the luxury of being available whenever and wherever.

Actually, Doug, I was taught that this is how you SHOULD be working your business, whether you're a part-time or a full-timer! B)

1. When taking calls, your ad should state that they call, say, between 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. (you chose the hours that suit you, so if you prefer to take the calls during the day, then suggest day hours then)!

2. When showing the place, you show it twice a week, say Tuesdays and Thursdays.

3. You then set the showings up to be, say, between 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

By implementing these few strategies Doug, you become the one who is in control, NOT them! :P

Also, when showing only twice a a week and having all the potential T/Bs showing up at once, you create a frenzy. Again, you, being the one in control here!

And, you then narrow your choices down by the ones that actually brought a deposit (the serious T/Bs) and the ones that didn't (the tire kickers)! :)

Hope this helps solidify your game plan!

Try it and let us know how it works for ya buddy!

Still being a full-time employee (yuck), I do what's necessary.

I'm a satellite technician* by trade, so I'm flexible most times when it comes to fielding

calls. Another plus is that I get some awesome leads and good rapport-building in the process of

seeing that folks are able to watch TV :P

Put simply, I'm able to work full-time and play

this real estate game by doing the following:

1. I'll answer the phone whenever it's possible.

2. My appointments with buyers and sellers are the same as

free cell phone calls ---on nights and weekends**. B)

I'm now in the process of designing my REI website (FINALLY) to

field seller and buyer inquiries.

* - Clark Kent

** - Superman

You mean.... unsure.gif

*Daffy Duck

**Bugs Bunny

I don't get it.

:P

You mean.... unsure.gif

*Daffy Duck

**Bugs Bunny

I don't get it.

B)

Sorry, just me being random and insane again. Its been one of those days at the old JOB. :P

Nah...

It's understandable, as I experience this from time to time. :P

Doug its time Blocking.

I spend about 30 minutes per month on marketing these days with all ads and direct mail. That sets a chain reaction for my schedule for the month. But here it goes.

Monday Check leads that came in from day before. Classify either Good Okay Good, or Ugly. I go to gym at 9:30am. Back at office at Noon.

Schedule meetings with Sellers. Finish any work for website for comps on presentations. Follow up on buyers. Leave office.

Tuesday Check leads that came in from day before. Classify either Good Okay Good, or Ugly. Meet with Sellers that came in on Sunday or Monday. If it was a light weekend then I will bring in Tuesdays leads if I have made phone contact and have my property package done.

Wednesday Check leads that came in from day before. Classify either Good Okay Good, or Ugly. I go to gym at 9:30am. Back at office at Noon. Similar to Monday and Tuesday. Except this day I keep lunch open to meet with my referal network. I will follow up on other leads as they came in.

Thursday Check on marketing. Make sure its where it should be. Spend some time in office on looking at finances around the 20th of the month.

Friday Check leads that came in from day before. Classify either Good Okay Good, or Ugly. I go to gym at 9:30am. Back at office at Noon.

Saturday Office work and Send out card work. Family after 12:00pm EST

Sunday Church. Work around the house. Lazy day.

Jonathan sounds like you've got it down. What about showings to buyers & tenant/buyers? And 30 min. per month marketing? :P

Steve,

I fell asleep at the computer again... :lol: Here is what I do about showing houses. When they call we get a buyer profile sheet, VIA pat live. My sales person (now for me) calls them and gives them the lock box code to see the house. Then we follow up.

My marketing plan is already on autopilot with direct mail. My 30 minutes are more or less getting the lists and I am outsourcing that.

Got it Jonathan. I have been trying my direct mail this year and haven't had alot of response. Email marketing & signs are still the best for me.

As far as showings and answering phones, I have my right hand person (wife) jumping in to help but I hesitate to let potenial t/bs enter a property via lock box. I like to meet in person to check out any potential t/b face to face. With a pure option a lock box would work.

Thanks for your reply. :lol:

Hey Jonathan, are all of your properties vacant when the T/Bs look at them? If not, how do the sellers feel about your prospective T/Bs letting themselves into their property?