The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mamasanta25

Forced to give up

One final thought, what do I tell the seller for now?

The truth. That, despite your marketing efforts, you have not yet found a qualified or interested tenant/buyer

But the REAL truth is that I can't afford to continue marketing the condo.

Samantha, if you really believe that you are unable to market this property any more, then by all means contact the homeowner and put this behind you.

On the other hand, if you refuse to quit on this deal, talk with the homeowner as has already been discussed here, and get hard to work finding a way to get the word out. There is probably a grand or two waiting for you out there.

Samantha,

Here's another condo marketing suggestion:

Door hangers placed on all the apartment doors in the vacinity

with text along the lines of

"Would you or someone you know like to stop renting and move up

to home ownership." Talk about the ease and benefits of rent to own and

how you have available properties in the area. I would keep it

generic so you can use them to market other properties.

Offer a $250.00 referral fee.

An inquiry to SirSpeedy Printing in my area shows that 300 sheets

of 3 up door hangers can be had for about $30.00 using their stock.

This means 900 pieces in about 2 days. Pretty cheap advertising and

it will only take some time to put them out.

Maybe you'll not only get a TB, but a start on your list of TBs for your future home finds.

hoping this helps some

option8

Hey Samantha,

I think you are living what a lot of newbies fear will happen to them. In my opinion, the fact that you are living it and going through it now, means you will be successful, while others continue to sit on the fence and say, "shoulda, woulda, coulda."

One thing I didn't see mentioned is talking to other investors. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but maybe you can find another investor you can hand this over to and just get your money back. I don't know how much profit is available in this deal, but maybe you can work something out with another newer investor that can help you market it or maybe they might know someone looking for a condo.

Just some more ideas.

Good luck to you.

Peter

I think you are living what a lot of newbies fear will happen to them. In my opinion, the fact that you are living it and going through it now, means you will be successful, while others continue to sit on the fence and say, "shoulda, woulda, coulda."
Indeed, Peter. Thank you!