The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
royemunson

You guys were right about craiglist

OK. So I put an ad up on Craigslist last night. No nasty emails yet, but since you guys mentioned you rec'd a few Im expecting them.

Already got an email from someone looking to unload 16 properties in our area. Waiting to get details from them to so we know more.

If anyone is in the southwest Ohio area, (there are parts of our city - Dayton, Ohio), that we don't work in that may be interested just let me know.

I may be back to ask for more help!!

:P

Thanks,

Joe

So now I just got an email stating that someone reported me to

the Attny General - for what? wanting to buy a home creatively?

that is kind of amusing. anyone else gotten something like that?

Joe

You reckon it was a jealous agent?

I'd bet a dollar to a nickel it was. :P

You reckon it was a jealous agent?

I'd bet a dollar to a nickel it was. :P

That's what I'm thinking. You know I used pretty much the wording

Michael did but in my part of the country.

Nothing offensive and there is nothing there that says I am going

to ask for money (in fact I'm wanting to buy).

Good stuff.

Joe

So now I just got an email stating that someone reported me to

the Attny General - for what? wanting to buy a home creatively?

that is kind of amusing. anyone else gotten something like that?

Joe

WTF?? B) Uh oh. . .beware the REPs* in the middle of the night :D

I can't imagine what that's about. Like Jason said, it could be some irate Agent. But even that doesn't make sense. Keep us posted on this. By the way, which bunk do you prefer in the Big House? Top or bottom? :P

*Real Estate Police

By the way, which bunk do you prefer in the Big House? Top or bottom?

One time, I got arrested with 2 of my best friends.

There were 2 bunks in that cell, and both of them took the bottom

bunks. (I reckon cuz they nearly broke their ankles from jumping off a top of

a building, trying to get away).

So, that left me stuck on either of the top 2 bunks.

I can tell ya, it sucks because they make you leave the lights on.

It's hot as hades and too bright to get any shut-eye. At least

my 2 friends had some cover from the light and the subsequent heat from it.

I even unscrewed the bulb (with the assistance of my shirt) to make

my stay a lil' more comfortable.

10 minutes later, the jailer made me screw it back in. :P

But this belongs in another post for another time.

Remind me to tell you about the time I traded 2 cartons of cigarettes

for 3 tattoos and a shank...

I havn't gotten and nast emails, my posts just get flagged. Though I am using my own verbage for I don't have the flow for the NI manual yet.

Although, I have to say... I am moving into my first house on a LO due to a "I Buy Houses" on craigslist.

I am hoping to score at least another deal on craigslist so that I can afford marketing... lame eh. yah. :P

. . .I am hoping to score at least another deal on craigslist so that I can afford marketing... lame eh. yah. :P
Rome wasn't built in a day, William. :D

I've got some realtors near me that spam the hell out of the for sale section with ads advertising their services, not actual homes. I flag them down as soon as I see them. Their is a real estate services section for that garbage, I don't need it clogging up my view of the lovely FSBOs.

I've got some realtors near me that spam the hell out of the for sale section with ads advertising their services, not actual homes. I flag them down as soon as I see them. Their is a real estate services section for that garbage, I don't need it clogging up my view of the lovely FSBOs.
Likewise, Rich. I've seen an entire page on Craig's List, (100 listings), monopolized by three or four Realtors! Steams me! :D

Likewise, Rich. I've seen an entire page on Craig's List, (100 listings), monopolized by three or four Realtors! Steams me! :D

I'd say 1/6th of the ads are probably from one company alone and that's just the actual homes for sale. I guess I am forced to live with that but shameless plugs.....HELL NO. I can't post a lot of my ads without getting flagged, I am forced due to them to use different wording, etc. Those damn REALTORS ®!!!!

You've got to USE realtors! Spam the hell out of their listings! Here are a few headlines you can use:

When that dumbass realtor's listing expires, call me.

There's no time like the present to FIRE your realtor, and get your house SOLD!

Is your listing about to expire? Don't re-list it, SELL IT!

We buy houses when realtor's fail.

90% of listings expire. We're the solution because we BUY houses!

Don't reduce your price again just get it sold, call us.

.....HELL NO. I can't post a lot of my ads without getting flagged, I am forced due to them to use different wording, etc. Those damn REALTORS ®!!!!

No one knows CraigsList like I do..I've been studying it for many years and what I have found out is so amazing..

One of the things that Craigslist is now doing is having ourselves flag our own ads / posts and we don't even know it :P

There are 3 types of flagging, 1) Flagged by Cragislist community 2) Flagged by Cragislist Staff and 3) Flagged by ourselves (Craigslist Staff)

The way it works is that when we get flagged by the community (some losers), a software automatically assigns certain letter codes to our email addy, so that when we try and post again with that email addy, the combination of letter codes appears for us to type it up and post our ad (this is the security code letters at the bottom of each page when we post), therefore when we type those codes into the box, we are flagging ourselves immediately and don't even know it. The way you can tell if you are flagging yourself is if you get flagged instantly or within a few minutes from posting your ad... :D

I already know which letter combo codes are flagging my ads, so I beat the codes every time so I don't flag myself :lol:

There are tons of other tricks I know of Craigslist is using but I am beating it as well (wise guy) ;)

BEV!

I already know which letter combo codes are flagging my ads, so I beat the codes every time so I don't flag myself :lol:

There are tons of other tricks I know of Craigslist is using but I am beating it as well (wise guy) ;)

BEV!

Bev,

If you dont enter the code, then you cannot proceed, right ? Then how do you beat the codes(go around them)? Do you just keep on trying till you see a code that is not in your list of flagged ones and then post?

thanks

- Rahul