The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Troy_Ross

Talks of MC on CREOnline.com

:) Hello!

Just a little FYI... MC's site is being discussed on CreOnline.com!

See http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/72828.html

Of course I went to bat for MC with a post there. I even tried to mentioned Michael's name in the post but CRE's site rejected the post due to a "policy violation" :blink: . Supposedly the site is notifying their administrators of my violation of policy for mentioning his name. Oh well!

Anyway, just a little update on me - I got my first deal done this week. It wasn't with a lease purchase, but it was creative real estate investing - which LPs are a part of. Feel free to see the story at http://wave.prohosting.com/rcia/story02.pdf

It's a great story...I recommend reading it/

Great job, Troy!

option8

Hi, Troy. Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, I just went to take a look and received the good ol' 404 File Not Found message. The editors must have pulled the thread.

CRE Online has a strict policy over there about mentioning the name or products of anyone who is not a paying advertiser. This seems contradictory to a site that touts itself as a source of unbiased information in the real estate world. If I advertise there I'm worthy; if I don't I'm a persona non grata. Hopefully, I wasn't ripped too badly :blink: . Oh, well, it's their site and they can run it as they see fit.

Great to hear you lost your virginity this week, Troy :) . I'm proud of you, son! I'm heading over to your site right now to read about it. And for what it's worth, one of your club members I have been working with has completed two sandwich lease deals in her first six weeks "on the job". The deals were secured with the homeowner, and within a week Regina had agreements signed with tenant/buyers in each property. As soon as she gets me the pics and specifics I'll be posting the deals on the Real Deals page.

Sounds like some good karma happening in Richmond..........congratulations, Troy!

First, to everyone - a warm-hearted "Thank You". :wub:

MC - yeah I figured CRE would eventually pull the post altogether. It is sad that they are so commercially-bent. In the beginning of our adventure of REI, I had gone there to ask for personal help (one-on-one). CRE's owners personally emailed me stating that I needed to "cease such actions", otherwise be banned from access to CRE. My reply was something to the effect of "Geez, I did not mean any harm - just wanted some help."

I've tried "advertising" our investors association on the Main Forum months ago and got yelled at again. It's very strict overthere... oh well.

But yes - Our Cherry has been PoPpEd! And we are pleased and relieved. (that did not sound good) :) Anyone have a spare cigarette?

And just to announce... (drum roll please) :blink:

I got a call from a FSBO yesterday. This may be our first LP! He has a 3/1.5 for sale in a "pretty neighborhood". I saw it! It is beautiful. He owes 51k on it - is asking 66k as-is (needs paint inside) - it's worth about 95k. Depending on his needs, I will try an LP on it. I may try some other strategies if an LP or a COOP is not comfortable with him. I shall see on Monday - we meet then to discuss the terms.

I am sure an LP for us is right around the corner!

And, MC, I will have to email Regina and say congrats. We have a Success Stories page on our groups site and I will get hers to post there!

Thanks so much again to MC and everyone here for the knowledge and encouragement! I am seeing the light that REI can be done with little or no money and without personal credit. We will keep you posted! Take care! :D

Congrats Troy!

Great to here of the success coming your way!

He owes 51k on it - is asking 66k as-is (needs paint inside) - it's worth about 95k.

Out of instinct I'll throw in my 2 cents; all depending on their motivation, I'd offer in at mortgage balance ($51k), taking over all maintenance and repairs.

Good chunk of equity!

Just my thoughts.

Nick

And just to announce... (drum roll please) :blink:

I got a call from a FSBO yesterday.

Translation: market like a madman!
I am seeing the light that REI can be done with little or no money and without personal credit.
Quite true, indeed. Another truth in this business is that oftentimes completing that first deal becomes a watershed in your real estate career. I have seen time and time again a novice investor get that first deal done, and then in rapid succession a number of other deals follow.

Luck? Perhaps, but a more likely reason is your confidence grows, and your belief in this business grows, too. It is no longer a "theory" that these sorts of opportunities are out there. Now, you know from personal experience that this is real, and that it works. Take the lead and run with it, Troy!