The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Another insane seller bites the dust

Just finished up with letting another crazy seller down easy. He's asking 10% more than the highest possible active (unsold) comp and expecting to get even MORE than that on a RTO! He went into this long b**ching session about who made inspectors into gods, and any moron can see that his house is perfectly fantastically amazing. Which leads me to believe that in addition to his out-to-lunch pricing there's also something seriously wrong with the property physically!

I've had it! Maybe I'm getting too old (29 :unsure:) or something but I just can't take dumb-as-bricks unmotivated sellers anymore. I can understand buyers wanting more than they can afford, and I have no problem eliminating them from the running. But sellers... I don't know... I just can't do it anymore.

I need to find a way to eliminate all unmotivated sellers before I ever talk to them. Got any ideas?

Got any ideas?

Move the hell out of Canada!

It seems to work down here in

the States.

And by "work", I mean there's plenty

of motivated sellers.

See if Bev needs a roomie. :unsure:

See if Bev needs a roomie. ;)

Yeah, Doug. The house next to Bev is vacant. Maybe she can set you up with a RTO :unsure:

Phil

I'm pretty frustrated with sellers myself. So far in my experience, it seems like people are scared of anything out of the ordinary and simply choose to just run away instead of doing something that would be beneficial for them.

I've actually been considering quiting since so many sellers just flake out on me. I don't know what else to do though. I've spent so much money and time on this that it would probably be foolish to do so at this point.

I don't know if being in Canada VS U.S. has anything to do with it, but I've wondered if perhaps American's in general would be more open to "creative" type deals than Canadians, since pretty much no one here has any idea at all what your talking about, and are just suspicious of you.

Jason and Phil, I've thought about that since the first moronic seller I ran into! Steve and I don't even have to go far we can pick up houses for $5k, an hour and a half away in Buffalo ;)

Steve, how about it? Wanna team up and buy some warzones? :unsure:

Got any ideas?

Move the hell out of Canada!

HAHAHAHA!!!

post-711-1182565139.jpg

See if Bev needs a roomie. :P

Either one of my 4 Bedrooms or the house next door, Doug, like Phil suggested .. All you need is a $15K (not pesos) Option plus first month's and you're good to go hahaha! :unsure:;)

BEV!

Anybody else needs a room?

Would you accept "sweat equity" should a feller

be a lil' short on your option consideration requirements?

:unsure:

;)

Jason,

I remember reading somewhere that Bev needs a driver ...Hmmmm :unsure:

Phil

;)

Jason,

I remember reading somewhere that Bev needs a driver ...Hmmmm ;)

Phil

I didn't know she plays golf ;)

I didn't know she plays golf

More than likely, not.

However, she may have certain interests

the long wood driver.

I dunno........ ;)

;)

Jason,

I remember reading somewhere that Bev needs a driver ...Hmmmm ;)

Phil

I didn't know she plays golf ;)

Actually, MC, I was referring to her car...she had (still has?) some legal issues regarding her eligibility to be behind the wheel

;)

If you're a little "short" I doubt she wants your "sweat equity." I think she likes them to be decent sized.

Steve and I don't even have to go far we can pick up houses for $5k, an hour and a half away in Buffalo

Then after you buy them you can't move them for $2k. ;)

Wow. This thread has hit bottom in a hurry. Who to blame? Doug for starting it, Jason for leading it down that path, or Bev for, well, being Bev?

MC, it was clearly a Team Effort! It's not easy to gutter a thread in a few posts, I don't think any one of us can take full credit ;)