The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

Is Raffle Option $ A Good Idea?

I'm just curious to know whether a "raffle" for option money would be a fun thing to do (just like an auction is)

I would think that for those of you that only require a $6,000 or less OC, the raffle would work out very well if you sell each ticket at $100 or $200 a peace to move in to a beautiful 4BD home :blush:

I don't know, I just think is something out of the box :o

BEV!

I guess a similar idea is now being used by brokers around these parts...

Check out this ad from CL.....

---------------------

Want to own a Home*Enter this $100 Raffle*It could be yours!!

If interested go to real estate brokerage website to view property under The Raffle House

Licensed real estate brokerage will manage all raffle operations

Any questions reguarding the drawing send E-mail to brokerage or respond to this ad.

No money will be collected until raffle limit is full.

All money will be deposited in escrow account for raffle operation.

Winner and current home owner will donate $30,000 to the charity of each persons choice.

Limited number of entries available. When the limit is reached the raffle will be completed.

Great country town with great neighborhood up in the Mountains in California.

House will receive a new roof, new interior paint , carpets, flooring, and landscaping total max $25,000

One $100 ticket will win home and 20- $100 tickets will win $500!!

E-Mail: xxxx@xxxxx.com

!!!!Don't Miss your Chance!!!!

--------------

BEV!

I've seen this before, quite a few years ago. I suppose if desperation is deep enough it's an approach that can be tried. I assume there has to be a provision that allows the seller a right to cancel if enough raffle tickets aren't sold. Hate to think I would have to sell my house for $25K. :lol:

i would assume you need some type of license to raffle the home off, unless you are donating the proceeds to charity. the only reason why i say this is because of the gambling laws that are in place. if you figure this thing out let me know.

I guess a similar idea is now being used by brokers around these parts...

Check out this ad from CL.....

---------------------

Want to own a Home*Enter this $100 Raffle*It could be yours!!

If interested go to real estate brokerage website to view property under The Raffle House

Licensed real estate brokerage will manage all raffle operations

Any questions reguarding the drawing send E-mail to brokerage or respond to this ad.

No money will be collected until raffle limit is full.

All money will be deposited in escrow account for raffle operation.

Winner and current home owner will donate $30,000 to the charity of each persons choice.

Limited number of entries available. When the limit is reached the raffle will be completed.

Great country town with great neighborhood up in the Mountains in California.

House will receive a new roof, new interior paint , carpets, flooring, and landscaping total max $25,000

One $100 ticket will win home and 20- $100 tickets will win $500!!

E-Mail: xxxx@xxxxx.com

!!!!Don't Miss your Chance!!!!

--------------

BEV!

Bev I woke up one morning thinking I was one of the worlds greatest minds to think that I could use a raffle to sell a house now I have seen this before but for massions worth million of $$$$ never for your average home. So thinking to myself that I was indeed one of the worlds greatest minds I set off to write my plan then I sent it to my real estate attorney who after hearing this idea wanted to become my partner so he took it to a friends of his that was a judge and after three days of review I was given the go ahead but there was a few things that I was going to need in place at the drawing for one an accountant the attorney agreed to be there also and you have to give some of the profit to charities which ever ones you want. Now lets take a look at who will help you market this deal using charities, you call all local churchs, daycares, coaches at your local parks and what ever charities you want of course I contact the one closes to real estate. Now all these people need money so I put them to sell tickets they keep $25 from every $100 ticket they sell my goal is to move 10,000 to 15,000 tickets without having to use a large marketing campany for the first two deals. After that then I would bring in all the big guns including all local news stations because someone given away a home free and clear in any market is great news not to mention the charities that you are going to help with a portion of the profits. WoW they would eat this up. Now in my market I could find a home to sell in this manner at about $200K to $350K now just run the numbers and you will see what your ticket goals will have to be in order for this to work well. And I must call it a sweepsteak deal. I live in Miami FL. and there are a few more rules to deal with but it is legal and I will be doing this first deal starting July 1, 2008 I will post how it goes. Hope this help anys other question you got my number.

You may want to check again, Ernie. I am 99% certain it is illegal to hold a raffle or game of chance unless you are a registered entity to do so. And I am told that is quite a process to be cleared.

More and more of these raffles are being used here in my area.

This ad is from craigslist posted by a family raffling their home.. Hmm, not sure how they're doing it but in their website they explain the details.

I found it to be very interesting indeed :rolleyes:

CLICK the left corner of the graphic below to enlarge the CL ad and read what it says.

post-711-1228767226.jpg

BEV!

i don't see it working because the results can be tainted. its too easy to have someone you know buy a ticket and give the house to them and they give it back. all it takes is one unhappy camper and all of those raffles will be dissected.

now go have fun.